Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A tutorial on Painting some Warlord plastic Romans
Painted up a box of the Warlord plastic legionaries and chronicled my progress step-by-step:

http://rabbitsinmybasement.blogspot.com/...roman.html
I have a few of these to try and paint and this tutorial will be very helpful, although I'm just a beginner with shaky hands :mrgreen: They look great, nicely done!
André
Quote:Painted up a box of the Warlord plastic legionaries and chronicled my progress step-by-step:

http://rabbitsinmybasement.blogspot.com/...roman.html

Very nice figures James Cool

I am no great fan of the Roman Imperial period, but Warlord do make very nice and relatively inexpensive figures. I have toyed with the idea of collecting some of these to get my son into the hobby. After all, one can assemble a variety of units (legionaries/auxiliaries/praetorians/marines/veterans/artillery etc.) quickly and cheaply and they look every bit as good as some of their metal alternatives.

Excellent paint jobs Big Grin
[size=75:2kpklzm3]Ghostmojo / Howard Johnston[/size]

[Image: A-TTLGAvatar-1-1.jpg]

[size=75:2kpklzm3]Xerxes - "What did the guy in the pass say?" ... Scout - "Μολὼν λαβέ my Lord - and he meant it!!!"[/size]
Thanks.
If your son is at all familiar with Games Workshop then this will be very similar, except without the gratuitous skulls and spikes! :-D

The Wargames Factory Marian Romans aren't bad but those models require rather more assembly. It means a greater scope for conversion work though.

James
Excellent work James, and your comment about Games Workshop is spot on.

These are excellent 28mm figures and being in plastic, actually affordable.

Thanks again for the step-by-step guide -- most useful.

:wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
Quote:If your son is at all familiar with Games Workshop then this will be very similar, except without the gratuitous skulls and spikes!

My son is familiar with X-Box and PS3!! :!: And you try getting him away from them!! :lol:

He was never interested in the whole Dungeons & Dragons / Fantasy gaming thing (neither was I) and non of his friends are either. However, I live in hope of introducing him to the more relaxed and thoughtful business of historic tabletop figure-gaming at some point (although I may have to bribe him somehow)...
[size=75:2kpklzm3]Ghostmojo / Howard Johnston[/size]

[Image: A-TTLGAvatar-1-1.jpg]

[size=75:2kpklzm3]Xerxes - "What did the guy in the pass say?" ... Scout - "Μολὼν λαβέ my Lord - and he meant it!!!"[/size]
Sometimes a little bribery is required. :-D
Quote:
James Manto post=302694 Wrote:If your son is at all familiar with Games Workshop then this will be very similar, except without the gratuitous skulls and spikes!

My son is familiar with X-Box and PS3!! :!: And you try getting him away from them!! :lol:

He was never interested in the whole Dungeons & Dragons / Fantasy gaming thing (neither was I) and non of his friends are either. However, I live in hope of introducing him to the more relaxed and thoughtful business of historic tabletop figure-gaming at some point (although I may have to bribe him somehow)...

My grandson too plays a lot of PS3 and Nintendo DS, however ...

We also play Space Hulk, Commands & Colors Ancients and Axis & Allies. Indeed, we have a small group of his friends who gather, irregularly, to play Axis & Allies. The conversion to tabletop war games ( board or miniature) is a long slow process but worth the effort. Good Luck on the Long March.

:wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Warlord Auxilia and Scorpions jamesmanto 6 2,961 08-15-2011, 04:10 AM
Last Post: rononmaximus
  GREEK WARLORD ARISTOCRAT dimgall 10 3,385 06-06-2011, 10:28 AM
Last Post: Zeuxippos
  new plastic romans for 2003 Daniel S Peterson 3 1,383 04-08-2003, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Caius Fabius