Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Kopis From Dioskouri
Very nice and interesting Kopis indeed.

Suhel
What kind of price does something like that command? Go on, i'm sitting down!
Claire Marshall

General Layabout

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.plateau-imprints.co.uk">www.plateau-imprints.co.uk
I know you didn't ask this, but the blade length is 17" - overall length is 22".

Base cost for the kopis and scabbard (combined) is $750.

Chase decorations extra (on mine $800 extra). Any decoration will be unique to your tastes and requests. Price varies according to detail and time. The pictures really do NOT do justice to the actual work!

Sounds expensive, I know, but when you consider this is a real damascus steel sword, hand made like the originals (not a costume sword), the price is well worth it. This blade will require oiling from time to time, but if you let Dioskouri sharpen it for you, you will be able to shave with it. :wink:
Bill
Price seems quite reasonable for hand work of this quality.
Here are some new pictures of the finished piece.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Bill
NICE!!! I definitely like Dioskouri's Swords, both the xiphos and kopis are absolutely stunning! They are going to be selling silicon bronze helmets soon too, i cant wait to see how they come out Smile. You should make a video so we can see the sword in action. Cut some water bottles or a pig carcass or somthing.
A beautiful sword indeed - thanks for all the photos. Will be off to check out Dioskuri very soon. It reminds me of my falcata, which is less ornate, but which was made from an archaeological template supplied by our own Thersites. It was custom made, and cost about $450 (but I had to wait for 6 months to get it). It was worth the wait, IMHO.
Ben Kane, bestselling author of the Eagles of Rome, Spartacus and Hannibal novels.

Eagles in the Storm released in UK on March 23, 2017.
Aguilas en la tormenta saldra en 2017.

www.benkane.net
Twitter: @benkaneauthor
Facebook: facebook.com/benkanebooks
A very nice piece of work, lovely to see the craftsmanship involved.

Not really sure that he needs to have a Paypal 'Donate' button on the Homepage though. Maybe I should put a Donate link on my website too, with something along the lines of 'Why buy when you can just donate, with enough donations I can buy a Netpresso coffee machine for the workshop. It won't make the blindest bit of difference to the quality of my work or research but I will look like George Clooney when I stand next to it'.
What do you think? Or am I just being a slave to commercial advertising? :wink:
Lawrence Payne

Asking me to tile your bathroom is like asking Vermeer to creosote your shed ;-)
[url:2kdj7ztq]http://www.romanmosaicworkshops.co.uk[/url]
www.romanmosaicworkshops.co.uk
www.romanmosaicpatterns.com
That is fantastic work! The xyphos is amazing!!! Confusedhock: Confusedhock:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote: I can buy a Netpresso coffee machine for the workshop. It won't make the blindest bit of difference to the quality of my work or research but I will look like George Clooney when I stand next to it'.
What do you think? Or am I just being a slave to commercial advertising? :wink:

So...you'll stand there with the same manic wide eyed caffine wired to the moon expression? :mrgreen:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
I am told a "pig" video is in the offing, and will be up as soon as they can find a local slaughterhouse with a decent price (ergo the "donation" button on the site). :twisted:

Nice falcata! The wait period from Dioskouri is very short, even with custom chasing extras - I think around 4-6 weeks. In most cases, it is even shorter than that. Big Grin

With my Dioskouri kopis, even I look better than Brad Pitt! :lol:
Bill
Eric, just a quick update on the helmets - they will be of one piece silicon bronze and can also be chased like the rest of the line of weapons to one's own personal tastes. Also, the helmet closely resembles the famous "Denda" helmet in the Munich museum. The oculars and nasal are almost identical, but the overall shape is slightly different, to reflect a more Classical Period profile. It is certianly the first TRUE Corinthian produced in the exact same way as the ancient Greeks in over 2,400 years. I am on the waiting list!!! Attached is a piece of concept art I did from preliminary photos of the helmet while under construction (with my imaginary extras thrown in). The other relic helmets show the similarities to the Dioskouri.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Bill
Gods, I love the look of those helmets, can't wait until the Festival (in the UK) so I can see some Greek armour up close.
Lawrence Payne

Asking me to tile your bathroom is like asking Vermeer to creosote your shed ;-)
The first time I laid eyes on "Denda", I said, "Now THAT is a Greek helmet!!" I have been faithfully in love with it ever since!!! :wink: My anticpation of the Dioskouri version is mounting with each day, and I anticipate using my Manning as a spitoon once the Dioskouri arrives!Big Grin
Bill
Where the more closed in type of helmets just a different style or from a different period/place?
Lawrence Payne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Sneak Peek at the Dioskouri Corinthian katsika 95 18,971 02-27-2014, 09:21 AM
Last Post: Virilis
  dioskouri KrimzonKnight 1 1,977 06-08-2011, 04:36 AM
Last Post: katsika