Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this a Deepeeka Gallic H AH6053N
Is this a Deepeeka Gallic H AH6053N or is it a counterfeit? Everything appears to match up, when I compare it to Gallic H pics from SOTW and KoA, however the angle of the neckguard appears to be off, perhaps it is just my imagination, but I always thought the Deepeeka had a deeper slope to it

Ear to Ear (Not measuring brass ear guards) 8" (just over)
Front to back 8.5"

Anyone else owning this helmet might have an opinion?

Sorry about the pics, they are from my phone

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Quintus Furius Collatinus

-Matt
Looks like Deepeeka, bowl is too round for a Roman helmet.

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
In fact there were plenty of variation in roman helmet bowls. One thing which I have done with all my Deepeeka helmets (due to the round shape of the bowl) is that I have punched gently the pins out of the hinges with a narrow nail and a hammer and after that I have gently hammered or bent both the hinges of the cheek guards and the bowl inwards. It makes the cheekpieces follow your temples more closely and improves the overall fitting and looks of the helmet. You can also squash the bowl (sit on it so it will be narrower) but before that you should perhaps take the brow guard away because it is made of cast iron and brokes easily...
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
My goodness! All that for a round helmet! Just don't buy from Deepeeka unless you have a VERY BIG ROUND HEAD! :lol: Thanks for shining this light on me, as I won't be buying a Deepeeka one, as I've given up on the idea of making one anytime soon :roll: :-(
Happy Bending Big Grin

Sam
Samuel J.
Sam, I'd advise that you always ask the vendor what size they have in stock. Make them mesaure it for you if they don't know. I ordered a new model Deepeeka Gallic 'H' about two years ago and it was too small for my big head. No amount of squashing would change that. I tried.

Quote:You can also squash the bowl (sit on it so it will be narrower) but before that you should perhaps take the brow guard away because it is made of cast iron and brokes easily...
For my brass Gallic 'I' I used this type of vice which worked very well.
Jaime
I bought one on ebay for $40 and have to make a new brow band as the guy did not post the broken bobrow band. I am happy with it.
richard
Yes, I have used a same type vice as Theo, "sitting on a helmet" is just a symbolical expression :wink: ! Anyway bending the hinges of a Deepeeka helmet inwards really makes a difference, believe me! Strange thing is that when Deepeeka renewed their gallic helmets years ago they at the same time made the helmet bowls smaller / more round...
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
Hi Matt,

To actually answer Your question; I am pretty positive that that is a Deepeeka Gallic H AH6053N, It looks right and the measurements seem right. If not its a pretty exact copy of one. here are some pics of the Deepeeka Gallic H AH6053N to compare:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Mike Young
<Always remember that there is always someone with a
bigger and better army who wants to be Emperor>
Thanks guys. So the browguard is made of cast iron? This explains why they tend to rust very easily compared to the rest of the helmet. I will save the helmet "squashing" to when I have someone with experience with me.

I agree the bowl is very round, but it fits my big head Wink
Quintus Furius Collatinus

-Matt
I have the same problem. I know this is responding late, but I just got a Deepeeka Gallic H for myself and already own the G. I lined my buddies H two years ago, and comparing his to mine, there is most definitely a difference in the slope of this neck guard. I actually prefer the more drastic slope on his helmet. Maybe Deepeeka made a slight change to the production line in the past year or so? I wish it had a more noticeable difference from the profile of my G.
"A wise man learns from his mistakes, but the truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others."
Chris Boatcallie
I have the Gallic A, G, H, and the Sisak but every Deepeeka has the same problem : round-bowl-head that doesn't fit on a human head. Even when you got a small head and it fits in a helmet, from the frontal side the helmet is way to large.

The only "right-one" that I have is the Deepeeka Gallic A... He has a perfect oval shaped form... I do not understand why Deepeeka doesn't make all their helmets like the Gallic A ???

I think that Deepeeka just doesn't want to change their producingmethods... We'll have to wait for "the Chineze" when they discover the opportunities of roman reenacting. In the world war 2 reenactment scene the chineze reproduction companies started in the beginning with very bad reproductions, but 2 years later they conquered all existing companies with very good, accurate and not to expensive reproductions...
Nihil de his rebus scis, abi et cucurbitas describe...
I think you should never buy anything from Deepeeka, even if you would only use it for showing off, not for fighting. Almost every item they have is below the level I would even take them in my hands. And the problem is, that these various errors are discovered in almost every aspect of an item (I think you are familiar with the feeling, that every bit could be improved on a piece).
Mark - Legio Leonum Valentiniani
I agree Mark about Deepeeka or any of the like. But cost does become an issue...something I understand all too well.
On the other hand Franciscus, for what you paid for all those helmets, you could have had a custom made one.

I currently have one custom made helmet and two on the way. However, it has taken some years to gather the cash for them. :-(
"You have to laugh at life or else what are you going to laugh at?" (Joseph Rosen)

Paolo

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Deepeeka Gallic F, Reshape? mroberts02 1 738 06-13-2021, 09:19 AM
Last Post: franciscus
  Deepeeka Imperial Italic D vs Gallic G Helmet Cheek Guard lenghts wwiigunz 0 1,118 09-21-2017, 08:51 PM
Last Post: wwiigunz
  Deepeeka Gallic a ah6306n Romulus 11 4,965 02-22-2017, 10:42 PM
Last Post: brennivs - tony drake