Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I just have a few quick questions..
Ok Matt, even though I got that information from fellow RAT members, I found this even on the Legio XX site: "The basic garment is a white or off-white wool tunic made of 2 rectangles approximtely 36"-48" long by 30"-48" wide, sewn together at the sides and shoulders" http://www.larp.com/legioxx/tunic.html My elbows-span is greater than 30" and I'm 5'7" so I guessing even people a bit shorter than me will still have a 30" elbow-span. I don't exactly have very long arms

Now it does say that tunics were often wider than they were tall, I'll give you that, but I am hardly wrong. He also said he was interested in all time periods, specifically he said "...manufaturers and a legionnaries equipment list (be it republican, imperial,late e.t.c)". We have documentation of Julius Caesar wearing a long sleeve tunic, and he was certainly pre-Imperial era.

In your thinking Matt, a tunic that is only the width of your elbows, would make many T-shirts simply unusable, unless you are a freak of nature, the width of your elbows is greater than that of your waist, let alone thighs. I have made my own tunic, and it works very well when I run in it. Just because my tunic is apparently different than yours, doesn't make it wrong. I would expect someone with so much experience to know that...
Quintus Furius Collatinus

-Matt

Messages In This Thread
I just have a few quick questions.. - by R1zz0 - 12-02-2011, 11:45 PM
Re: I just have a few quick questions.. - by Matt Collettivs Ave - 01-13-2012, 09:54 AM