Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the Book Itch - 2004
OK, so I haven't bought a Roman book in while to augment my collection, so I was thinking; what are your favorite Roman army / etc books that have been published in 2004? Stuff I can put on my wish list! <p>Legio XX<br>
Caput dolet, pedes fetent, Iesum non amo<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Have you gotten mr Scarrow's "The Eagle's Prey?" which came out in July? There is another book, "Pompeii" by Robert Harris that was interesting, though not military. which came out in 2003, but is now available in paperback.<br>
"The Roman Army in Jordan" by David Kennedy is almost worth thr price, and there are some 'children's books" out this year as well, <p></p><i></i>
Caius Fabius Maior
Charles Foxtrot
moderator, Roman Army Talk
link to the rules for posting
[url:2zv11pbx]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=22853[/url]
Have you read the Kennedy book? If so, can you recommend it (or any other on the Jordan area in Roman times)? Just curious, as I'm due to go out to Jordan next year to research the next book. Sounds like a good one to go on the Christmas list! <p></p><i></i>
hehe Simon, I am getting it for Christmas (in paperback, ) as well, but I peeked, and since I collect such things, (along with all the Crimean War stuff that is my other primary research topic) I am going to enjoy getting it for Christmas. It has a load of photos and maps.<br>
<br>
Of course, I end up having to order all of your books from the Uk in order to get them in a reasonable time. I also got John M Roberts latest "Tribune's Curse" from 2003, which was a fun read. I just assume that Rich already has that one.<br>
As far as related books, "Roman Eastern Frontier and the Persian Wars" might be helpful? The editor is Greatrex, Geoffrey, ISBN 0-415-14687-9 (I only have volume two). <p></p><i></i>
Caius Fabius Maior
Charles Foxtrot
moderator, Roman Army Talk
link to the rules for posting
[url:2zv11pbx]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=22853[/url]