Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Malware?
I'm being warned of malware in the Polish Hussars thread.

Quote:Content from www.ultimatehorsesite.com, a known malware distributor, has been inserted into this web page.

I don't know if it is true or not, but thought I should let the powers-that-be know I got the warning. Perhaps if any members don't have anti-virus software they might want to avoid that thread for the moment.
David J. Cord
www.davidcord.com
Thank you - we'll keep an eye on it if Jasper has not already sorted it.

(supposed to be in moderator green but I still can't do that...!)
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
[color=#008800 [/color] GREEN!

If you want the duller, darker green (ominous and profound, isn't that?)
Then use this setting [color=#004400
Don't forget to add a ] after the number. See if that works for you.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
That's Chrome being (understandably) paranoid. The content in question is a gif, a picture Peter posted of the biggest horse on record. It is apparently possible to embed scripts in a gif, so I have deleted that post. However, the odds of it actually being dangerous seem low. Google also indicates that Ultimatehorsesite.com has not recently actually distributed malware: http://safebrowsing.clients.google.com/s...e&hl=en-US
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Okay. Thanks, Jasper. I just thought I should mention it.
David J. Cord
www.davidcord.com