DELENDA EST ROMA
nice i will have to take a closer look
are you member of the team?
-----------------
Gelu I.
www.terradacica.ro
www.porolissumsalaj.ro
Yes, I am...
I'm the iberian warrior with roots and oval shield to the right of the carthaginian line...
José Miguel Gallego
www.artifexcrpa.com

DELENDA EST ROMA
That was very exciting Smile

The Punic Wars are sadly neglected in the reenactment hobby.

All your kits look fabulous. Thanks for posting!

~Theo
Jaime
Quote:Yes, I am...
I'm the iberian warrior with roots and oval shield to the right of the carthaginian line...

nice actually very nice,
I don't know so much about early republic, can you tell me the basis for the boar on the roman shields?
-----------------
Gelu I.
www.terradacica.ro
www.porolissumsalaj.ro
It should be Publius Cornelius SCIPIO ! not SCIPIVS.... edit the title please... Smile

The video itself is fair... I dont like the Greek equipment though.

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
Quote:I dont like the Greek equipment though.
Do you mean as depicted in the video, or as suggested for Carthagenians?
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
As depicted in the video, especially the macedonian shield and the shield with the Attic Medusa. Carthaginians may have worn Greek looking equipment, especially in Sicilia, but whether Carthaginian arms and armour actually looked like the Greek section we see in the clip I highly doubt.

M.VIB.M.

H.J.Vrielink.
I like it VERY much Confusedhock: , thanks for posting this!
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
Quote:As depicted in the video, especially the macedonian shield and the shield with the Attic Medusa. Carthaginians may have worn Greek looking equipment, especially in Sicilia, but whether Carthaginian arms and armour actually looked like the Greek section we see in the clip I highly doubt.

Then I take it you have suggestions on what would be correct? Either people use arms and armour that we know of, and may have been used, or we have them make up fantasy weapons and kit. Which do you feel is better?
Quintus Furius Collatinus

-Matt
It should be Publius Cornelius SCIPIO ! not SCIPIVS.... edit the title please... Smile

Yes, you're right, it should be SCIPIO. Nevertheless, it's so difficult to change the title credits now; so I think you shall see the video without reading his name... Wink

About the carthaginian army, in spite there are three greek aspides in the line (you're right too), the rest of the kits are according with the archaeological evidences. About the phalanx, the carthaginian heavy infantry did not fight as macedonian one did, I think you will be according with that...

Thank you very much for the comments!
José Miguel Gallego
www.artifexcrpa.com

DELENDA EST ROMA
Quote:Then I take it you have suggestions on what would be correct? Either people use arms and armour that we know of, and may have been used, or we have them make up fantasy weapons and kit. Which do you feel is better?

I would feel that wearing only reconstructed equipment found in either an Iberian or Carthaginian context would be the best thing. The shields with the Fenician symbols are great looking as are the oblong white shields. Of course I will excuse the three Aspides and the equipment the Greeks were wearing, since the rest looked very very good. The Carthaginian way of fighting is well described by Polybios amongst others.

M.VIB.M.

H.J.Vrielink.
Hello,
This is basically a new and fresh proyect that is getting started seriously here in Hispania (along with volunteers from north of the Pirenees).
For a long time Spanish recreators (for modern naming clarity´s sake) have been building up this hobby in these lands. Initially, as in most cases I would guess, the models and time frames recreated have been blending along with our more experienced northern neighbors. Typical imperial (high and low) which is only logic as those are the most interesting time frames for countries that experienced most of roman history during the Empire. Down here of course with time we have also evolved into this focus and aims. And our most impacting time was that of the second punic war and afterwards up to the clearing up of north Spain under the divine Augustus.
It has been indeed a forgotten era to be recreated and we are very eager and optimistic in fixing this.

As explained above, this is just a starting taste of what we are seeking to acomplish.
This means that, although tried to hide, we still have much materiel to work over (shields, swords, footware, head covers, etc..). We have a local Classical Greek association that is also very eager to participate in this project and which has used part of its Greek equipment to gather numbers for this clip. We are very aware of what needs to get fixed and will eventually get there. Thow us a bone here! Tongue

In the meanwhile, I invite the hobby to start their second punic war impression for future events along the mediterranean basin :-D

We will keep you guys/gals updated as we move forward in this.
[Image: ebusitanus35sz.jpg]

Daniel
I am definetely into Roman Republican re-enactment !! Just dont have the kit yet Smile

The second Punic war is a very interesting and important period in not only Roman but also Spanish/mediterranean history.

M.VIB.M.

H.J.Vrielink.
I found some references to the Carthaginians employing Greek mercenaries. Would the Apis still be used by these dates?
John Kaler MSG, USA Retired
Member Legio V (Tenn, USA)
Staff Member Ludus Militus https://www.facebook.com/groups/671041919589478/
Owner Vicus and Village: https://www.facebook.com/groups/361968853851510/