Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where do I ask about television possibilities?
I recently got an email from a tv show producer looking for people to possibly appear in a show that will send a group of Larp players/reenactors around the US and film them doing all manner of reenactment things/settings with other established groups.

I was wondering where and if I could post the email so interested parties can have contact info for it.
Aut Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam
"I\'ll Either Find A Way Or Make One" from Hannibal

John Pruitt
Too bad we're not a larp/Fantasy group. Is this person interested in serious reenactors?
Titus Licinius Neuraleanus
aka Lee Holeva
Conscribe te militem in legionibus, vide mundum, inveni terras externas, cognosce miros peregrinos, eviscera eos.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.legiotricesima.org">http://www.legiotricesima.org
Question from the peanut gallery: What's a larp?
David J. Cord
www.davidcord.com
Quote:Question from the peanut gallery: What's a larp?

Live Action Role Player. Like re-enactment, but they have more fun.
"Medicus" Matt Bunker

[size=150:1m4mc8o1]WURSTWASSER![/size]
Yes, I'm a table top roleplayer (D&D stuff you know?), and have never done any larp. Not my kind of thing. Some are high fantasy, some are sci-fi, some modern horror. Never heard of any historical larp though. Guess its a costume cost issue.
Paul Elliott

Legions in Crisis
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/17815...d_i=468294

Charting the Third Century military crisis - with a focus on the change in weapons and tactics.
Quote:Never heard of any historical larp though. Guess its a costume cost issue.

Bet it's not. Some LARPers do run about with kit made from tartan car blankets and tat from the garage (but then so do some reenactors) but a lot of them spend thousands on kit. You make more money supplying kit to the LARP community than you do from supplying re-enactors.

Historical LARP....I suppose it depends on how you define it. If LARPing is any private event that involves playing out a scenario whilst staying in character, then I know quite a few re-enactors that do just that.
"Medicus" Matt Bunker

[size=150:1m4mc8o1]WURSTWASSER![/size]
These guys do War of the Roses stuff- http://bloodredroses.co.uk/
[Image: wip2_r1_c1-1-1.jpg] [Image: Comitatuslogo3.jpg]

aka Paul B, moderator
http://www.romanarmy.net/auxilia.htm
Moderation in all things
They don't seem to resemble anything from the War of the Roses that i recall.
Richard Craig AKA Aulus Maximus
Cohors I Tungrorum
Cohors I Batavorum
Quote:Question from the peanut gallery: What's a larp?

You can dress as a roman yet arm yourself with a light sabre.
Harry Amphlett
Quote:
Epictetus post=299191 Wrote:Question from the peanut gallery: What's a larp?

FOAM light saber if you please...

Try LARP in youtube, you'll get a nice idea.

However, all geek things being equal I'd say we ALL can seem ridiculous with our hobbies and passions, and I find that knowing soccer statistics is no less geek than knowing armor differences through the centuries. Only generally better accepted because it is also easier to know.
Mário - Cerco 21

www.cerco21.com - Looking back to see further ahead.
I got a phone call a couple of years back from someone claiming to be behind a TV project. He was their "Roman expert" as he put it. He did not know who the Flavians were.

Projects like this make me want to look for the man behind the curtain. The one we are told to not pay any attention to by the Great and Powerful Wizard of Oz.

@Epictetus a larp is a harp that is misspelled.

Ralph
Quote:
authun post=299200 Wrote:
Epictetus post=299191 Wrote:Question from the peanut gallery: What's a larp?

FOAM light saber if you please...

Try LARP in youtube, you'll get a nice idea.

Wow. Confusedhock: Some of this stuff seems really popular. This
This little gem has three million views.

But Marcus Octavian, to answer your question: I assume that you could just post the email in the off topic forum. No moderators have said otherwise, so it should be okay. If someone doesn't like it, they'll let you know.
David J. Cord
www.davidcord.com
Quote:Like re-enactment, but they have more fun.
Do they? From what I've seen, Larp can be as serious as re-enactment.
Quote:Never heard of any historical larp though. Guess its a costume cost issue.
Some make very 'serious' kit in addition to fantasy pieces. Fantasy Roman, so to speak. At bit like 'Gladiator' or 'The Eagle' I presume. :mrgreen:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It\'s Official... "Music Television" Is Dead Astiryu1 3 1,067 12-26-2010, 03:49 AM
Last Post: Astiryu1
  \'Rome\' on television Ramesses II 3 904 06-18-2006, 09:14 PM
Last Post: sseverus