Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gods and Heroes MMO
Any of you guys check this out? I just downloaded it last night and have been having a lot of fun with it.
Wonderin if any of you good people play it, or think its worth paying for after my 7 day free trial is up.
Aut Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam
"I\'ll Either Find A Way Or Make One" from Hannibal

John Pruitt
I'm downloading it now, I can understand why they have the fantasy elements, though id really love to have a more realistic MMO, I heard about one that died some years ago but thats another story.

Heres hoping this replaces Mount and Blade as my Rome gaming fix Smile
Damian Laurence Zamprogno
So! after about a day or two the best I can say is this is world of warcraft but alot smaller and with afew roman items thrown in. If you like MMO mechanics there is really nothing new here, although I dont think ive seen a single non NPC person the whole time I have played

My verdict - Meh, I dont think I will be playing any more, Im sticking with Mount and Blade with the new Cursus Honorum mod
Damian Laurence Zamprogno
Game update.

It was released, bombed as a P2p / subscription game and is now B2p until / if they ever go to a F2p model. They still have the 7 day trial for people to check it out.

As far as buying goes, you can pick it up for $9.95 (got mine at GameTap with a bonus item included) and can play without a subscription for as long as you want.

I was one of the Beta / Stress testers way back before launch; it had bugs, not alot of quests and your estate (kind of like housing) looked like tract housing in R/L.

Since launch; they've added a bunch more quests, your estate actually looks like a villa (which needs repair, but some of the quests you get are one's that fix the place up), and it still has some bugs and is a bit laggy. Think AoC for the spec's and your pretty close.

For what you get for $9.95, it is more cost effective than alot of offline SPG's. The fantasy element is better described as a mythological element with faun's, centaurs and your choosen God talking to you and giving you some quests.

The starter island is on rails for quests, but once out of there it goes more sandbox style with quests scattered all over and exploration points. Best part is the minion system which allows you to build up a squad of troops to command.

Not alot of people play now a days. Saw a high of 4 the other day and 1 player was questing in the same area I was today. Best way to play would be for you and a few of your friends to get together and all play together.

For those that might wander that way I'm Alolos on the Bacchus server.
Ira Gossett