Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To put out or not to put out...
Yes, Vindex, there is:
(as Humperdink and his pursuing band of soldiers close in on The Man in Black and Buttercup)
"She is alive, or was an hour ago. If she is otherwise when I find her I shall be very put out."

One of my favorite movies. Right up there with Hondo, Fiddler on the Roof, Finding Neverland, Fried Green Tomatoes and Benny and Joon. Not necessarily in that order.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Yes, there is also that meaning!....."She was a bit put out at having to cook for the inlaws and the rest of the extended family when they arrived unexpectedly for the Holiday season!" :mrgreen:

But the term is also perfectly valid in this way....'My neighbours daughters put out more than you do, put some effort into that and you might get it moving....!!! 8-)
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:Yes, Vindex, there is:
(as Humperdink and his pursuing band of soldiers close in on The Man in Black and Buttercup)
"She is alive, or was an hour ago. If she is otherwise when I find her I shall be very put out."

One of my favorite movies. Right up there with Hondo, Fiddler on the Roof, Finding Neverland, Fried Green Tomatoes and Benny and Joon. Not necessarily in that order.

Thank you! I hadn't got round to finding it. I like the Spanish swordsman best however...Inigo Montoya...fab film (I also like Finding Neverland - such a gentle story).
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
If I were Bertie Wooster and I was "put out", I'd be a tad upset but that was 1930s/1940s England...
and write a stongly worded letter!

Dyslexic podex, eh? Well Mr Nielsen, bang goes your sale...Big Grin Cacca! I am talking to a lady! LMAO! That should sum up the answer to this entire discussion! HAHAHAHAHA!