Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tabula Peutingeriana
I don't know if this has been posted elsewhere or not, but...

www.omnesvia.org

See the forth link down.

Ralph
link does not work
-----------------
Gelu I.
www.terradacica.ro
www.porolissumsalaj.ro
It should be www.omnesviae.org

Omnes requires a plural. :mrgreen:

Many thanks for the link. Quite nicely done - tried with the from the Urbs to the nearest site on the map to where I live, Ricciacum. It tells me it's 754 miles and that the route takes 51 days; once I've got more spare time on my hands, I'll double check. A quick calculation leaves me with the impression that it's best to go via Masilia Grecorum (sic) and take the boat rather than a round-about way through the Alps. :mrgreen:

Edit: Speaking about ships - "nullum iter est" to Britain. Well, the Peutingeriana does not indicate ferries, after all, and they had no tunnel.
M. Caecilius M.f. Maxentius - Max C.

Qui vincit non est victor nisi victus fatetur
- Q. Ennius, Annales, Frag. XXXI, 493

Secretary of the Ricciacus Frënn (http://www.ricciacus.lu/)
Quote:I don't know if this has been posted elsewhere or not, but...
yes, it was, here

The link is http://omnesviae.org/ (no www)
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
thanks for the link very interesting indeed
-----------------
Gelu I.
www.terradacica.ro
www.porolissumsalaj.ro
It may be a peculiarity of the internet but the link as I posted does work for me. However, if the other posted links work, so much the better.

As far as I know, I live one years travel time by foot to Villa Rica. If I live through that, it will take another six months sailing time in a Spanish galleon to Cadiz. If I live through that, and do not die of scurvy or English raiders it will be however many days it takes to get to Rome, which would take me too much time to work out in any case. I won't fly because I was in a crash not once, but twice, (which was very unpleasant) and that sort of thing scared me away from aircraft of any kind unless I know the crew, can see/have access to the controls and can read the maintenence records. I will fly missions, which I did on ocasion untill 2007 in various capacities, but I will NEVER get on a commercial airline. Have you ever noticed that every air disaster flight starts with smiling stewardes pointing at escape hatches and pull down oxygen masks? It makes me shiver in fear.

Ralph