Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sassanid Infantry
Yes i did, but only in SCRIBD.

If you wish to purchase from scribd, then you'll have to pay a certain amount of money or if you wish to purchase from Amazon then i think you don't really have a problem at all.

Oh, yes there's some books you can read to understand the military and social structures about the Sasanian society:

Iraq after Muslim Conquest by Michael G. Morony, Sasanid Soldiers in Early Muslim Society: The Origins of 'Ayyārān and Futuwwa by Mohsen Zakeri, The History of Al-Tabari: The Sasanids, the Byzantines, the Lakmids by Al-Tabari, Sasanian Persia: The Rise and Fall of an Empire by Touraj Daryaee.

However, i would like to advice you on books you should avoid:

Sassanian Elite Cavalry AD 224-642, Shadows in the Desert: Ancient Persia at War by Kaveh Farrokh, why? because the book tells nothing at all except he's trying to boast Iranian national pride than trying to explain how the Sasanian army works.
Some authors title their books like it will be about the military and then it isn't... I bet there is a Roman book out there full of pictures of windlass steelcrafts garbage telling the readers that those pieces of equipment are "authentic"...
Regards, Jason
Those are some decent suggestions Iulian.

Also, I'm afraid I have to reiterate what Jason mentioned, and advise you to put your name in your signature. If you need help doing this me or one of the other moderators would be happy to assist.
You can not argue with the green letters...
Regards, Jason
Help, i need help. I don't know how to do it.
Iulian, do you have a copy of Morony, Zakeri, and Tabari? Would you be willing to make a PDF out of it? :-D
Nadeem Ahmad

Eran ud Turan - reconstructing the Iranian and Indian world between Alexander and Islam
https://www.facebook.com/eranudturan
Iulian, you look in you profile and click EDIT and then scroll down until you find SIGNATURE. Then enter your name.
Regards, Jason
Members, this thread is about Sassanid infantry.

If you experience problems with posting, please ask a mod by PM.
If you have advise for members, post them by PM.

I have removed all OT posts in this thread (this one will be removed later).
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)