Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Squamata Scale Help
I have decided that in order to complete my various armor types, that I would like to make my own squamata. I would like however to use small scales. The scales that I know of on the really small side are the ones that are pointed (I think Newstead). But these are in the second century and I need first century small or smallest scales.

However, I know that there is a rather small scale (rounded on the bottom) with five holes and a mid-rib. The holes are located one above the rib and two on either side of the rib.

The problem is that I do not have the size of this scale nor the thickness. Can someone please help me with the dimensions and thickness IF such a scale exists.

Help much appreciated.
"You have to laugh at life or else what are you going to laugh at?" (Joseph Rosen)

Paolo
Under a different thread, someone mentioned that the scale found at Burrium (Usk)was First C. I have a couple of photographs of it in the museum but sadly no scale attached! (Caerleon museum are VERY good and allow photographs for personal use/study/research but I think even they would have drawn a line at me blu-tacking my scale to their display cabinet!)

I also have a picture from Corbridge museum (pointed scale) but I don't know which C this is supposed to be from (and may be more of the Newstead type).

If they are of interest, please PM me.
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Squamata scale agrimensor 2 1,689 07-21-2016, 01:08 PM
Last Post: agrimensor