Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holidays in the Sun
Off to Corfu tomorrow for a week. Doing my bit to help the ailing Greek economy. Looking forward to sun, sand, some culture and investigating any interesting ancient remains (besides myself that is). Just hoping the country still isn't on strike - particularly Hellenic Air Traffic Control in the Ionian region. Also hoping that the Euro is still the form of currency in use when I get there (although I always prefered the Drachma - those old notes were lovely) because I've just bought a shedload at the post office today ... :-D 8)
[size=75:2kpklzm3]Ghostmojo / Howard Johnston[/size]

[Image: A-TTLGAvatar-1-1.jpg]

[size=75:2kpklzm3]Xerxes - "What did the guy in the pass say?" ... Scout - "Μολὼν λαβέ my Lord - and he meant it!!!"[/size]
Enjoy! Mygrandmother was born there!
I imagine it will probably put a dampner on things, but try not to let the go slow detract too much from
The experience!
Greece is a magical place! 8-)
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Just returned from a lovely week thoroughly chilling out. Corfu is more Christian/Byzantine as far as history goes but there are a few lesser known classical remains (Greek and Roman). First time I have been there, although have visited many other Greek isles over the last few decades. Sadly, Greece is no longer cheap - as it was when I first started going there (1980s) - with prices now much the same as at home.

But 6 out of 7 days of sunshine, fantastic food. swimming in the sea (in late October) - who can complain? Smile :grin: 8)
[size=75:2kpklzm3]Ghostmojo / Howard Johnston[/size]

[Image: A-TTLGAvatar-1-1.jpg]

[size=75:2kpklzm3]Xerxes - "What did the guy in the pass say?" ... Scout - "Μολὼν λαβέ my Lord - and he meant it!!!"[/size]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roman Holidays -- The Animated Series...? Narukami 5 1,706 02-18-2009, 04:05 PM
Last Post: Narukami
  Happy Holidays Caius Valens 5 1,305 12-16-2006, 04:19 PM
Last Post: Jona Lendering