Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bucellatum
Militair event voor Kelten en Romeinen, zonder toeristen.
Military event for Celts and Romans, no tourists.

Te Ronse, België
In Belgium, Ronse, Renaix

Meer info:
Deelname prijs: 30 euro
bevat ontbijt op zaterdag en zondag
middagmaal op zaterdag en zondag
avondmaal op zaterdag

Overdag verschillende tactische opdrachten, overnachten in basiskamp.
re-enactment wapens verplicht, indien je er niet over beschikt melden vóór de inschrijving. Gelieve in te schrijven per groep en mede te delen aan welke kant je wil vechten en als wat:
Romeinen:
Legioen soldaat: Infanterie, artillerie, (cavalerie), boogschutter, slingeraar,...
Auxilia: Idem
Kelten: Infanterie, cavalerie, boogschutter, slingeraar,....
Afstandswapens worden door de organisatie voorzien, veiligheidsredenen.
Alle andere wapens zullen gecontroleerd worden voor zij kunnen meegenomen worden.
ter herinnering: vergeet niet je veldfles, sagum of andere, je lederen of linnen zak (bevoorading)...

More information:
Entrance fee: 30euro
includes breakfast on saturday and sunday
lunch on saterday and sunday
dinner on saterday
During the day there will be several tactical objectives.
And yes there will be some fighting. At night, return to basecamp. Please send inscriptions in group, and choose a side, define your caracter.
Re-enactment weapens only, if you don't have them, let us now in advance.

Their is even a possibility for sleeping indoors: there are beds available.(but please mention in advance)

Please contact:
[email protected]
[email protected]
of on facebook under event Bucellatum
Well, please specify what you call a re-enactment weapon, and also, WHEN this is going to happen. Would be both important facts, I guess.
ALA I BATAVORUM
Also, what periods of Celtic and Roman will be allowed?
"Medicus" Matt Bunker

[size=150:1m4mc8o1]WURSTWASSER![/size]
The date would be 17th and 18th march 2012

Re-enactment, battle ready weapon:
- Not sharp, the point schould be cut off and be round like your thumb
- Not any kind of toy like deepeeka or whatever suplier.
- The sword, hasta, pugio ... should be made out of quality steel, so when you hit a shield or other sword that i will not break.

- Also a hint for legionairs or ... make a schield for use in this battle (it could break, or be poked)
It would be our first time we organise this, and we have decided to let all who is intrested (romans and celts) to participate, when it is a succes we will narrowing down the period.
Quote:- Not any kind of toy like deepeeka or whatever suplier.
- The sword, hasta, pugio ... should be made out of quality steel, so when you hit a shield or other sword that i will not break.
- Also a hint for legionairs or ... make a schield for use in this battle (it could break, or be poked)

Ok, so this will be a fighting event, mostly (otherwise I would not call Dpka 'toys', whatever we can say about their quality). By far the most Roman groups do not fight, or are not trained to fight in a formation. How do you plan to overcome this?
What about insurance?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
We do know that most of the roman groups do not have fighting experience.
We will have referees( people who interfear and stop when it is not safe anymore) we do not want accidents. We have a very good insurance and al people who wants to join this event will have insurance provided by the organisation.

Also it is more a tactical batlle, because their will be referees who judge the centurion, celts... on battle tactics etc
So soldiers will be fighting as units? :grin: :grin: :grin: Damn I wish I had it handed to me, equipment and location, and the thing money can't buy, time! Tongue Time makes money though...

Sam
Samuel J.
So, will there be a period of compulsory training, to ensure that everyone is:-
a)Capable of fighting safely
b)Fighting using the same system/rules?

It can be done. I've helped organise several events where different groups have come together and fought safely with little or no previous experience of fighting each other BUT they ALL had a lot of combat experience.
The idea of bringing together lots of different groups, many of whom have no combat experience....well.
I wish you luck with it.
"Medicus" Matt Bunker

[size=150:1m4mc8o1]WURSTWASSER![/size]
Yes there will be a training on the site, to make sure that nobody gets hurt. That is not the idea.
Our people will give lessons in weaponry.
I'm skilled in most weapons from knife to spear, sword... and will give people instructions of how to use them in a safe way.
I have plenty of knowledge and experience in this.
Sounds interesting, though I would think you have to be very carefull with enforcing safety standards.
To bad I do not have enough roman military gear, otherwise I might have given this one a try.
Olaf Küppers - Histotainment, Event und Promotion - Germany
In the US we have the LAFE event where fairly authentic looking but safe weapons are used.
They are called "Needlefelt" weapons. Link to battle video. (Since this battle looks of the weapons have been improved) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzf-QAD_4_c
John Kaler MSG, USA Retired
Member Legio V (Tenn, USA)
Staff Member Ludus Militus https://www.facebook.com/groups/671041919589478/
Owner Vicus and Village: https://www.facebook.com/groups/361968853851510/
Working on the planning for 2012.
Sounds interesting.
Regards

Garrelt
-----------------------------------------------------
Living History Group Teuxandrii
Taberna Germanica
Numerus I Exploratores Teuxandrii (Pedites et Equites)
Ludus Gladiatorii Gunsula
Jomsborg Elag Hrafntrae
Hi,

If you really want to try this, and you do not have enough gear, not a problem.
We do have extra Lorica hamata, Lorica segmentata, spears, swords, clothing and sandals....
Just let me know if you really come.
My e-mail adress is [email protected]
Than I can send you more details about the event.

greetings
Sounds good, another question however:
Since you mention slingers in the Original post, how are you planing to simulate these?
Also what abou other missile weapons like bows and pila or other javelins?
Olaf Küppers - Histotainment, Event und Promotion - Germany

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bucellatum 2015 johan 1 1,811 02-19-2015, 12:32 PM
Last Post: johan
  Bucellatum 2013 johan 5 2,006 03-21-2013, 12:31 AM
Last Post: Bert R