Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marines v Romans
I pass this 'flash fiction' on via BoingBoing, for what it's worth. Good job it's not Marines v Royal Marines, eh? (*cough* Penobscot *cough*) ;-)

Mike Bishop
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
Hmmmm .....

Convenient that enough fuel for the helicopters was also transported to the past. After a few days, or even hours of operation those machines will be little more than fascinating sculptures.

Even so, an amusing little bit -- wonder when this will premiere as a new series on the Sci-Fi channel ... ?

:roll: :wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
They must have neen pretty desperate to have managed to load a SAW with .50cal......
Unless the Marines really do punch above their weight.... :mrgreen:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:Hmmmm .....

Convenient that enough fuel for the helicopters was also transported to the past. After a few days, or even hours of operation those machines will be little more than fascinating sculptures.

Even so, an amusing little bit -- wonder when this will premiere as a new series on the Sci-Fi channel ... ?

:roll: :wink:

Narukami
I sure hope the SF channel does it rather than the history channel! SF would be more likely to get the gear right!
John Kaler MSG, USA Retired
Member Legio V (Tenn, USA)
Staff Member Ludus Militus https://www.facebook.com/groups/671041919589478/
Owner Vicus and Village: https://www.facebook.com/groups/361968853851510/
:lol:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:I sure hope the SF channel does it rather than the history channel! SF would be more likely to get the gear right!
It's time for AW channel! 24 hrs of movies and documentaries - it could be done! And for the buffs, a discussion programme about gear and movies. :mrgreen:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:
jkaler48 post=295576 Wrote:I sure hope the SF channel does it rather than the history channel! SF would be more likely to get the gear right!
It's time for AW channel! 24 hrs of movies and documentaries - it could be done! And for the buffs, a discussion programme about gear and movies. :mrgreen:

The AW Channel ... I like the sound of that! 8)

:wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA