Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An \"Ikea\" for Roman Furniture (Museum Exhibit
I read with great interest about an extremely creative exhibit that the Limbergs Museum in Venlo, NL is running through next March. Titled "Ixea" in homage to the popular Swedish furniture chain, the exhibit features reconstructions of several items of furniture, as well as replicated frescoes and other furnishings.

Have any of our Dutch amicii been to the exhibit? I see that the furniture's actually for sale (probably not cheap) and I wish I could either buy or make some of it myself!

Link to the article

The Ixea Exhibit
Iulia Sempronia (Sara Urdahl)
Officium ante Proprium Bonum
Well, I've been involved with this project a bit, and fellow board member Robert Wimmers made some pieces for it.

Although it's not far away, I've to say I didn't have been there, yet. However the pictures I've seen the exhibition is rather nicely done and items are certainly nice, though expensive, indeed.
ALA I BATAVORUM
i'm going shortly but for all abroad there is a webshop on the site of the "limburgs museum"in which smaller things are sold.
vale
AgrimensorLVCIVS FLAVIVS SINISTER
aka Jos Cremers
member of CORBVLO
ESTE NIX PAX CRISTE NIX

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roman furniture (Chairs) Doc 2 2,306 08-26-2010, 05:06 AM
Last Post: Doc
  Roman Furniture tlclark 15 4,585 10-01-2007, 09:55 PM
Last Post: Salvianus
  Roman Furniture (cross post from Reenactment/Reconstruction) Lucius Aurelius Metellus 3 2,220 04-22-2005, 06:10 PM
Last Post: richsc