Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best weapon against Lorica Segmentata?
I would fall back while throwing toxic gas pots :twisted:

Richard
Quote:He isn't the main character of the novel but he is relatively important, i'm gonna go with a Bec de Corbin - type weapon
Just make sure the ceilings are tall enough, and the passages wide enough, for swings!
Nullis in verba

I have not checked this forum frequently since 2013, but I hope that these old posts have some value. I now have a blog on books, swords, and the curious things humans do with them.
The bec de corbin isn't that big..
These sorts of weapons can get stuck in metal and bone. Not a good choice if he expects to come up against multiple opponents. Just give him a sword and don't bother trying to hit the armour.
Author: Bronze Age Military Equipment, Pen & Sword Books
he could always just hook the armor to bring down the opponent and then smash his neck with the spike end
Did I miss it, or has nobody mentioned a simple flame thrower? Turn the segmentata into a torso oven, and call it a day.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
On the topic of contemporary weapons of the Segmentata, how about a ceramic pot filled with wasps. Or several even... that would be effective.
Mário - Cerco 21

www.cerco21.com - Looking back to see further ahead.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  French riot police, lorica segmentata, and knee greaves Caballo 25 4,314 06-14-2008, 08:18 AM
Last Post: Libitina
  Worst Lorica Segmentata Ever Ironhand 30 5,096 05-18-2007, 06:24 PM
Last Post: Matt Lukes
  A lorica segmentata buckle on Ebay? Luca 7 2,492 03-02-2003, 12:50 PM
Last Post: mcbishop