Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A new journal
Not exclusively Roman, but this was on Britarch and might interest more than a few of you:<br>
<br>
<em>The Journal of Conflict Archaeology<br>
<br>
We are pleased to announce the establishment of 'The Journal of Conflict Archaeology', to be published annually by Brill Academic Publishers. This international journal will provide a high profile, peer reviewed means of publication for those working in any of the fields grouped under the umbrella of conflict archaeology.<br>
<br>
Fields of interest will include battlefield archaeology (the primary research interest of the managing editors), all other types of military archaeology, contested landscapes and monuments, the archaeology of industrial and popular protest, class conflict, the origins of conflict, forensic applications in war-zones and human rights cases etc.<br>
<br>
The journal will carry papers on current research, subject and period<br>
overviews, fieldwork and excavation reports - interim and final reports,<br>
artefact studies, scientific applications, technique evaluations, conference summaries, book reviews etc.<br>
<br>
Potential contributors should in the first instance provide the editors with<br>
a brief abstract (c. 200 words) of their proposed submission. A guide to format, text and illustration conventions and other submission requirements is currently being prepared and will be available on request in the near future.<br>
<br>
Final submissions, including all illustrations, must be made by the end of<br>
January 2005, with the first edition of the volume appearing in November 2005. Peer review and checking of proofs will take during the interim period.<br>
<br>
It is probable that volume 2 (appearing late 2006) will be partially themed (no more than 50% of total content). The first volume will however be un-themed and provide a cross section of the various types of research currently being undertaken in the field of conflict archaeology.<br>
<br>
Tony Pollard and Iain Banks (Managing Editors)</em><br>
<br>
Mike Bishop (who is <em>not</em> an editor, merely passing on the info!) <p></p><i></i>
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there