Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hannibal ( not the cannibal )
UK tv had a pretty wet prog about him over the weekend.<br>
<br>
The ususal bondage dressing up box was used with a cast of dozens ... with a few bits of computer animation.<br>
<br>
The battle of Cannae was shown ( sorry chaps ... the Romans lost that one!) but the Libyan spearmen were shown as lining up at either side of the Spanish & Gauls and facing the front .... am i right in thinking that they were lined up in column facing inwards so that when the Romans pushed in at the centre the pincer just had to be squeezed ? <p></p><i></i>
You didn't seriously expect them to get it all correct, did you?<br>
<br>
What did the Romans look like - at all authentic, or the usual mid-1st century AD suspects?<br>
<br>
Have to confess I didn't watch this - after last weeks pathetic effort on Carthage I didn't have the will power. Besides, there was the Eurovision Song Contest to watch which was, as usual... ! <p></p><i></i>
Put it this way . .. i was ready for a laugh<br>
<br>
The usual Atic helmet ala Carry on Cleopatra but with much shorter tunics for teh officers & horsemen !!! That funny helmet with the top ring for the infantry<br>
<br>
The Celts etc were straight out of Zena warrior princess ..all 12 or 13 of them !!<br>
<br>
They had quite a good 1st century gladius but that was it !! <p></p><i></i>