Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Those Wacky Egyptians !!
[url=http://www.memri.org/bin/latestnews.cgi?ID=SD55603" target="top]www.memri.org/bin/latestnews.cgi?ID=SD55603[/url]<br>
<br>
So the Egyptians are preparing to file a lawsuit against the Jews for stealing "gold, jewelry, cooking utensils, silver ornaments, clothing, and more" from Egypt when they left under Moses.<br>
And the evidence is the Bible itself. [url=http://www.htmlbible.com/kjv30/B02C035.htm" target="top]Exodus 35, 12-36[/url]. (Strange since that book only contains 35 verses 2<br>
<br>
<em>Question: "What do you think is the value of the gold, silver, and clothing that was stolen, and how do you calculate their value today?"</em><br>
<br>
<em>Hilmi: "If we assume that the weight of what was stolen was one ton, [its worth] doubled every 20 years, even if the annual interest is only 5%. In one ton of gold is 700 kg of pure gold – and we must remember that what was stolen was jewelry, that is, alloyed with copper. Hence, after 1,000 years, it would be worth 1,125,898,240 million tons, which equals 1,125,898 billion tons for 1,000 years. In other words, 1,125 trillion tons of gold, that is, a million multiplied by a million tons of gold. This is for one stolen ton. The stolen gold is estimated at 300 tons, and it was not stolen for 1,000 years, but for 5,758 years, by the Jewish reckoning. Therefore, the debt is very large…</em><br>
<br>
<em>Question: "Is a compromise solution possible?"<br>
<br>
Hilmi: "There may be a compromise solution. The debt can be rescheduled over 1,000 years, with the addition of the cumulative interest during that period."</em><br>
<p></p><i></i>
And some folks (a procrastinator society) from Philadelphia wanted their money back from the still extant English bell foundry because the Liberty bell cracked.<br>
<br>
The foundry said sure, in the original packing crate and with the receipt. <p>Legio XX<br>
Fortius Conamur<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Could it be that we are seeing a previously undetected sense of humor among the Egyptians? <p></p><i></i>
sounds like they have as much "right" to repayment using a "holy text" as proof, as other people have a "right" to displace people from their homes of 100's of years, using the same texts. I say go for it! I hope they bring up a lot of historical proofs in the process, and maybe add some logic and level headedness to a horrible situation in Palestine.<br>
<p>"Just before class started, I looked in the big book where all the world's history is written, and it said...." Neil J. Hackett, PhD ancient history, professor OSU, 1987</p><i></i>
Caius Fabius Maior
Charles Foxtrot
moderator, Roman Army Talk
link to the rules for posting
[url:2zv11pbx]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=22853[/url]
Those claims are always dangerous because they could of course backfire. The Jews could claim for generations of enslavery, witheld payment for building Pharaoh's cities, harassment (fleeing across the sea withan army at your back), etc. Besides, was that gold not their legal proerty? Also, did not Sisak (Shoshonk or whatever in Egyptian) plunder jerusalem and the temple. Looks like they got their gold back ages ago..<br>
<br>
Valete,<br>
Valerius/Robert <p></p><i></i>
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Egyptians in the New World? ruski94 54 8,708 07-17-2011, 10:23 AM
Last Post: Alanus