Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fiction: Arminius
Hello,<br>
<br>
I ran across the novel "Arminius" by Clint von Hummel on Amazon.com. Weighing in at 668 pages, $36 seems a bit pricey for a paperback. Has anyone read or heard of this book? If so, what is your opinion of it?<br>
<br>
Yot<br>
<p></p><i></i>
Dear Friend,<br>
<br>
I am the author of Arminius the novel-- and it is way to pricey!! I agree! You can get the book at www.1stbooks.com for 19.95 + shipping. Or email me at [email protected] if that is too much. I'll send you a copy for whatever you can afford or want to afford. The story is in talks with a major publisher right now. 1stbooks is a internet publisher. Thanks for the time.<br>
<br>
Clint Von Hummel<br>
<br>
PS Anyone else interested in the book feel free to email me. <p></p><i></i>
Salve Clint! glad to have another author in the ranks. Would you tell us something about the novel? <p>Legio XX<br>
Fortius Conamur<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Roman and Frontier warriors of the Golden Eagle, here is a short synopsis of the Swords and Sandals Epic Novel: Arminius<br>
<br>
Arminius [Historical / Action<br>
Adventure] At the birth of Christ, the ruthless Roman Empire dominated the world. Freedom and liberty were all but a fading dream. One man lifted his head up from the ashes and stood up against all odds. He was a slave named Arminius; the first man to defeat the Imperial Roman legions in battle. The story chronicles the adventures of a barbarian who rose to the rank of mercenary commander, gaining all the power of Rome: citizenship, glory, and Roman adoption. Arminius was forced to join the mercenary legion when his father was killed by a Roman. He knew his only chance for survival was to fight well; in his first battle against the Celts and druids, Arminius proved his great valor to his superior: Varus, a Roman general, took Arminius under his wing after the mercenary saved his life in the battle against the Celts. The general transformed Arminius into a killing-machine, using him for his own glory and conquest of the East. Only after Arminius's wife, Claudia, showed his the value of life and love did he realize the scope of his sins. He knew he had to give everything up to free his people and redeem his soul. His left his life of glory and returned to his people, uniting the tribes of the North against Varus... his former general, mentor, and adopted father. In 9 A.D. Arminius crushed three Roman legions in a battle that would forever change the fate of the Western World.<br>
<br>
This book can be orderered directly at 1stbooks.com<br>
or you can search any internet book sellar for Arminius by Clint Von Hummel... Thank you and hope you enjoy.<br>
<br>
Clintus Maximus<br>
<p></p><i></i>
Damn those ruthless Roman oppressors!<br>
<p></p><i></i>