Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arbeia studs
I'm using these studs (as for sale by Armamentaria/Adrian Wink) for some years now as closures for my paenula. However, I think they were not meant that way. As I've now come up with another idea on how to use them, I'm looking for more information on the find context.

[Image: DSCF2459.JPG]

Anyone know where they were published? Would be very welcome to have that reference to check if there is something in favour of my viewpoint Big Grin. It would also be interesting to know of more similar buttons were found together with them, but without the 'triangle' but a simple rivet instead, for instance.
ALA I BATAVORUM
Quote:Anyone know where they were published? Would be very welcome to have that reference to check if there is something in favour of my viewpoint Big Grin. It would also be interesting to know of more similar buttons were found together with them, but without the 'triangle' but a simple rivet instead, for instance.

Allason-Jones, L. and Miket, R. 1984: The Catalogue of Small Finds from South Shields Fort, Newcastle upon Tyne, 185–7, No. 3.584

There is a long list of comparanda there (together with some of the other suggested uses beyond cloak fasteners), although no context information other than an accession number.

Mike Bishop
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apron Studs Marc 2 754 01-01-2018, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Marc