Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman build
I'm going to be building a little outbuilding for a workshop and storage. Primarily carpentry. And I think it'd be interesting to build it in a decently authentic roman style construction. Any suggestions on resources for information
Well, the basic work on Roman Architecture, be it in any material, is in my opinion
Jean-Pierre Adam - Roman Building: Materials and Techniques

You can find all info on materials and building techniques (styles, joints, etc) in there.
ALA I BATAVORUM
The Ancient Technology Centre here in Dorset/Wiltshire have built a workshop albeit a forge

http://www.ancienttechnologycentre.co.uk...forge.html

They're a great bunch of guys and I am sure if you contact them they'll be able to give you some sources and ideas. PM me if you want to pursue it!
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
I figured as much on the basic materials, and thanks for both sources, both look like they'll be great help