Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
late roman sword
[attachment=1033]09062011900.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=1034]09062011906.jpg[/attachment]
avete omnes

this is the working progress of a late roman sword,blade in c70 tempered,guard and pommel in brass,black horn an silver,grip in quercus wood.

valete omnes

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

PierPaolo siercovich
Beautiful..

How much will this likely cost when its finished?
Claire Marshall

General Layabout

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.plateau-imprints.co.uk">www.plateau-imprints.co.uk
I still get the wow factor when I see these wonderful things you create.
Aut Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam
"I\'ll Either Find A Way Or Make One" from Hannibal

John Pruitt
Very nicely executed but those hilt fittings look very chunky. What are they based on?
"Medicus" Matt Bunker

[size=150:1m4mc8o1]WURSTWASSER![/size]
avete omnes

like model it is based on a roman sword that that are in poland in podlodow museum.

valete
PierPaolo siercovich
[attachment=1719]IMGP0118.JPG[/attachment]
avete omnes

sword finish,I changed the handle whit a handle in horn of moose.

valete

PierPaolo siercovich
It's beautiful. Kinda of reminds me of a Viking sword.
Hi Munazio, very nice work. If possible could you show us a picture of the original which inspired this piece, and could you tell us when it's dated to?
Confusedhock:

Amazing work, congratulations!
André
[attachment=1721]griff2_100.jpg[/attachment]

hello Stephen

nice find you in this forum because (whitout know) you helped me a lot when i decided to make this sword in fact i started to take information about this kind of sword and especially about the handle,materials and tecnic of construction and one of the most interesting information that I foud was oon the forum myarmoury one topic that you did about this kind of sword.There was a photo of beautifull hilt and I had inspiration from this whit some chanching of materials.I agree that this kind of swords are the passing from the late roman swords and the early germanic migrations swords,some fascion was pass between thjis two age and culture.Now I am making exactly this one hilt in wood covered of silver sheet..we will see..

PierPaolo siercovich
Well then, I'm glad somebody else benefited from one of my topics. Anyways, again nice work, and cant wait to see your next piece.
Quote:[attachment=1721]griff2_100.jpg[/attachment]

hello Stephen

nice find you in this forum because (whitout know) you helped me a lot when i decided to make this sword in fact i started to take information about this kind of sword and especially about the handle,materials and tecnic of construction and one of the most interesting information that I foud was oon the forum myarmoury one topic that you did about this kind of sword.There was a photo of beautifull hilt and I had inspiration from this whit some chanching of materials.I agree that this kind of swords are the passing from the late roman swords and the early germanic migrations swords,some fascion was pass between thjis two age and culture.Now I am making exactly this one hilt in wood covered of silver sheet..we will see..
:-o :-o :-o :-o :-o oh my!!! It's stunning! Will you make the scabbard next? Also, how long did it take you? Full time kinda thing? Have you done anything to the brass to keep it a bright yellow?
Amazing what people can make outside of China! ( and India)

Regards, Sam.
Samuel J.
Hello Sam

I did this sword for a person and he wanted only the sword so will be not scabbard fot this,he wanted for show at home in a wall...and he wanted sharp blade.Like all the artisan know very well do one sword or others product of your hand is a process long and particular.You start and after you have to know the days in what you have good disposition and ispiration for work because do one sword need big concentration and disposition because is very hard and dangerous work.If you work whitout good concentration and whitout good mental disposition the work come not good and you very often can hurt yourself.If you could see my hand they are full of cut,burns that are the presents of days in what i wanted work but I had the head elsewhere.So for do one sword you need about 2 month.For make brass so brillant you should use a simple machine whit rotary cotton disk (sorry for my english horrible) and a special "bred" green colored that is good for all the metals.

vale
PierPaolo siercovich
Hy - yes, very nice sword. That's truth: if you are not enough careful etc, ... you hurt yourself hard. My smith had cuted his hands, nails, burned fingers, etc... too. And the working process was the same: ab. 2 months with scabbard 3 months. (but i have la Tenne III sword)

Joze
I like LH

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Late roman sword munazio planco 10 1,956 08-08-2014, 07:51 PM
Last Post: markusaurelius
  particolar kind of handle for late roman sword munazio planco 5 1,580 12-11-2012, 06:20 PM
Last Post: munazio planco
  late roman sword and scabbard munazio planco 8 2,341 06-11-2010, 05:21 PM
Last Post: ArthuroftheBritons