Patrick Urquhart
aka Ingvar Carnifex
[attachment]C:\\fakepath\\Armidale 2010.gif[/attachment]
Patrick Urquhart
aka Ingvar Carnifex
[attachment]C:\\fakepath\\M&P Armidale 2010.gif[/attachment]
Patrick Urquhart
aka Ingvar Carnifex
Hi Ingvar, I'm one of the NEMAS folks who fought with you at the Abbey, I too have a good Abbey photo....
Sorry, the photo didn't come up in the last post

[attachment=1387]267816_10150325669518993_716038992_9337619_6168000_n.jpg[/attachment]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

That looked like one heck of a fight.
It was definitely one heck of a fight! LOL! :mrgreen: Here is an another good shot of Ingvar in his Byzantine armour :grin: Thanks Gabe for your photo too!

Hi everyone, I have made a short documantary on the battle of Dyrrhachium of the year 1081ad; it was a battle between the Byzantine Empire and those bloody Normans. Anyway there are a few inacuracies and anachranisms, this is due to an infuriating lack of resources and my film school teachers insisting that I dumn it down for a less interlectual audience. So pease enjoy... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNWuHQW5iyo
Quote:So pease enjoy...
Nice! I liked how you 'copied' a few men into a nice battle-line.. :mrgreen:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Reconstruction of a Byzantine Emperor. Armot based on Saint Nestor Klibanion fron Kastoria Monastery (10th century )!Around 300 Bronze and copper hammered lamellars.The set is being accompanied with Kremasmata armor. Heavy Imperial Klibanion -around 14 kilos and made by Hellenicarmors.gr

Enjoy!

Very nice one!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
A better view of Dimitris' Masterpiece worn by his distinguished client:

The armour is excellent! Nice to see the images in the metal!
How is arm movement with the shoulder armour? Free and easy?
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Hellenic Horseback Archery Society from a traditional archery meeting in Konstantinoupoli.
Late Byzantine Era Archers

Good photos; thanks for sharing.

Any mounted ones or does traditional mean they were on foot for this meeting?

It would be interesting to see the gentleman in the full mail shirt on his horse if there is one? (Well, all of them really, but that in particular. I'm curious about side and front vents and how much upper leg protection you do or don't get).
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Getting towards a Byzantine impression in the Netherlands, svdwal 2 723 02-19-2019, 07:08 AM
Last Post: svdwal
  Show here your Greek warrior impression spyros 1,103 433,767 08-21-2016, 07:24 AM
Last Post: emilius