Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IMPERIUM TV movie
Well Italian TV hosted IMPERIUM in two consecutive evenings sunday and last night.<br>
I'd give it an overall C+ or B- especially due to acting of a few (not all! I am sorry to say that the Italian actors - Cleopatra and Antony - were mediocre).<br>
<br>
But the military scenes are terrible. The charge of the legionaries in the battle of Munda is absolutely stupid and the equipment cheap. The legioraries hit by arrows being lifted off their feet as if hit by a bullet is really crap.<br>
<br>
SOMEONE must explain to me why these cheap movies (this one, Attlia, and others.Anyone seen Mel Gibsons' Christ yet?) show PILA with enormous triangular tips. Anyone notice how stupid these "pila" look? Who is the idiot that designed these things.<br>
<br>
bye<br>
<p></p><i></i>
Jeffery Wyss
"Si vos es non secui of solutio tunc vos es secui of preciptate."
While we are at...why do so many Hollywood hacks insist on putting Roman soliders into cheap, second hand leather muscle curiasses? I suspect that the same set of 30 or so have been recycled through second rate epics to TV series for the last 25 years or so.<br>
<br>
On the other hand, since in Hollywood, one cowboy bullet kills 20 indians, why am I surprised....? <p></p><i></i>
Because they're cheap to mass produce? They don't have thousands upon thousands of dollars to invest in metal costumes with moving parts. They have to make sacrifices because of budget concerns. <p></p><i></i>
Salvete omnes!<br>
The worst thing is that this series is NOT cheap at all! On the contrary, it's definitely expensive!<br>
Look at this one:<br>
www.luxvide.it/en_imperium.php<br>
<br>
Augustus<br>
Co-production: Rai Fiction, Lux Vide, Rai Trade, EOS Entertainment for ZDF, Telecinco and Quinta Communication for France2.<br>
Budget: 14 millions Euro!!!<br>
Subject: Eric Lerner (Bird on a Wire)<br>
Directed by: Roger Young (Jesus)<br>
CastTongueeter O’Toole (Augustus), Charlotte Rampling (Livia), Jeremy Irons (Julius Caesar),....<br>
Rome was rebuilded in Tunisia, near Hammamet (cost: 25 millions euro!)<br>
<br>
Now they are working on other episodes (as many expensive, I guess):<br>
Nero, Titus, Costantine, Marcus Aurelius, The Fall of the Roman Empire.<br>
<br>
Why bother thinking at ridicolous battles, leather armour, broom helmets, love stories and so on?<br>
I think we have to resign: it's a thing too bigger than us!<br>
Hollywood gives to the people just things that people want to see...<br>
Valete omnes. <p>... Abi, nuntia - inquit - Romanis, caelestes ita velle ut mea Roma caput orbis terrarum sit; proinde rem militarem colant sciantque et ita posteris tradant nullas opes humanas armis Romanis resistere posse...<br>
<br>
...Go - said - announce to Romans that Gods want Rome be the capital of the world; so let them cultivate the military arts and let them know, and hand down to posterity, that no human power will resist to the arms of the Romans... (Livy, Ab Urbe Condita, I,16)<br>
</p><i></i>
Flavius
aka Giuseppe Cascarino
Decima Legio
Roma, Italy
You know, I can forgive the big-budget Hollyweird-type movies for their crap costumes and lack of authenticity because they're in it for the buck, and if the story is good, I can accept a lot of inaccuracies. However, when a show is supposedly for educational purposes, it falls into an entirely different category, and I expect a lot more out of it.<br>
<br>
Bread and circuses.<br>
<br>
<p>__________________________________<br>
LEG IX HSPA COH III CEN I HIBERNICI<br>
</p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=cascatarquinius>Casca Tarquinius</A> at: 12/5/03 9:00 pm<br></i>
Images wanted?<br>
<br>
Look here:<br>
www.romanhideout.com/imag...perium.asp<br>
<br>
ciao<br>
<p></p><i></i>
Luca Bonacina
Provincia Cisalpina - Mediolanum
www.cisalpina.net