Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opening of Roman Water Wheel 4th and 5th June
Opening of the Roman waterwheel at the Ancient Technology Centre at Cranborne, Dorset

http://www.ancienttechnologycentre.co.uk...kends.html

Wheel originally part of a Time Team special and re-built at Cranborne in a working environment not just for display.

Other attractions and activities for children (and adults!):

Roman sword school
Romand Games and Cookery
Cob wall building
Pottery making

10 til 4 both days.

Children £2, Adults £4

I've been volunteering and helping to build this water wheel and it is an amazing piece of ancient technology!
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Excellent news, Vindex. I hope that the weekend brings in loads of visitors. If I wasn't going to be at the Roman festival in Chester, I'd think of coming down! (Will do another time for sure.)
Ben Kane, bestselling author of the Eagles of Rome, Spartacus and Hannibal novels.

Eagles in the Storm released in UK on March 23, 2017.
Aguilas en la tormenta saldra en 2017.

www.benkane.net
Twitter: @benkaneauthor
Facebook: facebook.com/benkanebooks
Nice job, Vindex. You can give me a guided tour when we're down there in July! Looks great, can't wait to see it.
Mike and Su Poole
Plenty of manpower needed to move the wheel...it's bloomin' heavy! Don't think the children are going to move it on their own!

All of the channels/aqueduct should be finished by July too mpoole, so should be looking very good! Big Grin
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
That's really cool. I love stuff like that water wheel. Take lots of pictures!
David J. Cord
www.davidcord.com

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roman festival June 17th-18th June Musivarius 0 1,361 06-14-2006, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Musivarius