Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exhibition of Paintings Augsburg.
Hi

My exhibition of paintings 'Sons of Mars' is now on display at the Romischen Museum in Augsburg, Germany, until October 3rd 2011.

Graham.
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe.

"Every brush-stroke is torn from my body" The Rebel, Tony Hancock.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.
Good show. I really hope to see it one day. Are you still adding to the collection?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Hi Robert

Are you still adding to the collection?

Yes, Indeed.

Originally it was just the original artworks for the Osprey Roman Military Clothing series with perhaps a few additions.

It now includes paintings for the Roman Conquest and Arms and Armour series. The Osprey Naval Forces, paintings for Interpretation panels at Moresby and Castleshaw and those produced for Ancient Warfare and Roman Military Dress. There are now nearly 90 originals available but not everywhere displays them all. Each museum selects those most appropriate for their own display. However when there is a large collection, as at Ribchester a few years ago, it does look quite impressive.

While in Augsburg I had the pleasure of meeting both Christian Koepfer and Martin Moser.

Christian looked after us while we stayed and made our visit there a very special one.

Graham.
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe.

"Every brush-stroke is torn from my body" The Rebel, Tony Hancock.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Exhibition of Paintings. Graham Sumner 0 1,178 08-14-2014, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Graham Sumner
  Exhibition of Paintings. Graham Sumner 9 2,348 11-03-2013, 06:34 PM
Last Post: AMELIANVS
  Exhibition of Paintings Loupian Roman Villa Graham Sumner 3 1,358 08-13-2013, 10:50 AM
Last Post: Epictetus