Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eager for Glory: Launch and Book Signing June 18
Please join me in Reading, England on 18 June for the launch of my new book EAGER FOR GLORY: The Untold Story of Drusus the Elder, Conqueror of Germania. The first account to be written in 2,000 years, it is the true tale of the heroic life and swashbuckling adventures of Emperor Claudius’ father, Nero Claudius Drusus Germanicus – soldier, builder, explorer, statesman and role model for the Caesars.

The book contains photos of re-enactors kindly provided by The Ermine Street Guard (Romans), Chasuari (Germanic warriors) and Historische Darstellungsgruppe München e.V. (Celtic warriors).

Join me at 11am at Waterstone's Booksellers, 89a Broad Street, Reading RG1 2AP. (Call Chris Sutcliff, 0118 958 1270.)

In the afternoon I will be one of the speakers at the Reading Local Authors' Event. Join me at 3pm to her me talk about 'Putting the Story Back into History' at Reading Central Library, Abbey Square, Reading RG1 3BQ. (Call Sarah Pearce, 0118 901 5955.)

Thanks for your support!

http://www.lindsay-powell.com/Writings_and_Events.html
Lindsay Powell
[url:1j6646pm]http://www.Lindsay-Powell.com[/url] website
@Lindsay_Powell twitter
Do we get to come in kit????
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Dammit...just booked a blacksmithing day!
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spartacus Book Launch in Bath, UK, 19 January ParthianBow 3 1,406 01-06-2012, 01:54 AM
Last Post: Medusa Gladiatrix
  Gladiatrix Book Launch Lanista 12 3,099 02-25-2008, 07:38 AM
Last Post: Lanista
  York Roman Festival Launch Event Pertinax 2 1,359 07-25-2007, 10:19 AM
Last Post: Pertinax