Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ancient Warfare Bibliographies
Hello,

I have been working with several people to bring a comprehensive warfare bibliography to the internet. As an academic it is frustrating how related information is scattered in places nearly impossible to find.

About a year ago, I proposed to a working group we try to start building a full bibliography that we could post someplace - just for us to bookmark for ourselves, but also to share with others who are or might become interested. We managed to get a starter up, then google groups deleted it without warning. A big thanks to Mark K. and Patrick W. for their work to have backups on hand.

At present there are 4 categories, with the ability to adjust as needed.

1)Ancient Historiography - General

2)Near Eastern Warfare

3)Greek Warfare

4)Roman Warfare

http://arkaion-bellum.com/samhw/bibliography

With two more sections being worked on

5) Byzantine Warfare

6) Warfare in Late Antiquity

If anyone has suggestions for additions, or notice errors, please let me know through PM or email, in order that we can fix those. It is a continuing project by many people. Also if you know of works in the non-standard languages (English, German, French) that should be added please let me know, and provide also a rough translation of the title. I can handle Spanish, Italian, and Modern Greek. For Scandinavian, Slavic, or other languages please let me know what it is.

Thanks,
Dan Powers
Society of Ancient Military Historians, Secretary
http://arkaion-bellum.com/

“It’s not a matter of being afraid or not, it’s about what you do when you ARE afraid”

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Ancient Warfare - Which Thema would like? Daritus 2 1,288 06-12-2019, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Nathan Ross
  Ancient Warfare Magazine / Back Issues Len Campey 2 1,441 07-21-2018, 10:07 AM
Last Post: Len Campey
  Ancient Warfare XI-2: On the cusp of empire! Praefectusclassis 3 2,360 05-17-2017, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Gunthamund Hasding