Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Original Kalkriese type mask on ebay?
Has anyone seen this mask before or know anything about it?
It purports to have all the paperwork and reports but doesn't say any more about it, it's in Switzerland and a bit out of my price range.

I'd post a link but the last time I did that everyone got all stroppy about it. :?

Just put a search on ebay to find it
EDIT, seems I got the wrong one.
ALA I BATAVORUM
I've seen some other artifacts listed as coming from Switzerland and all of then seemed pricey. The pieces seemed in too good a condition to be authentic,but you never know.
Douglas
Quote:I'd post a link but the last time I did that everyone got all stroppy about it.

Maybe you should read the forum rules. HereĀ“s a link:
RAT rules

This current topic, including the comment where the unprovenanced mask is sold, is also against RAT rules.
RAT is supposed to be a place for people interested in gathering information about the Roman Army / Ancient Armies, and not supposed to be an exchange place for people who prevent the gathering of information about Ancient Armies by buying unprovenanced stuff from the art market and thus support looting of historical sites.
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
I agree with Christian. No links to any sites where real artefacts are being sold.

we won't forbid any links to eBay in general though, since a lot of what's being sold is clearly fake. Let the buyer beware is what I say :wink: , but please do not post any links or advertisements on this forum.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Has a lot of similarities to the Vechten mask and the mask of the helmet in the Shelby/White collection in form - however, no mouth hole though which is strange. :?:
I've been checking them all out and can't see any of the ones that I made.
Brian Stobbs
I have been checking them all out and none of them are any that I have made.
Brian Stobbs
I see the Nix Imperial replica which looks great for 265 US$

And i also see a fake one... for 32.000 (190533933193)

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
Only one i see is the Nix Imperial replica which looks great for 265 US$

M.VIB.M.

And one of 32.000 US$ which definetely looks like a fake because its mouth is shut, it is way too crude, the eyes are not okay and the patina is wrong. (190533933193)
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
I would most certainly agree that the Nix Imperial replica is very worth the price indeed it looks rather good when worn.
Brian Stobbs
I have one made by forum member Niecezar, which is an impressive copy of the Kalkriese mask. Unfortunately, my face is too broad to wear it....lol
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help wanted: breakdown of battle find by type (e.g. Kalkriese) MonsGraupius 9 4,166 12-12-2017, 12:15 PM
Last Post: MonsGraupius
  Kalkriese mask- ballista mark?? Caballo 23 5,528 03-29-2012, 06:20 PM
Last Post: PhilusEstilius
  Kalkriese type helmet image Dave G 2 1,962 07-16-2011, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Dave G