Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Military Equipment from Masada
Do any of the archaeologists here know when Jodi Magness' & Guy Stiebel's "Military Equipment from Masada" report will be published? And where could I get a copy when it is available?<br>
<br>
Thanks,<br>
Andrew <p></p><i></i>
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redrampant.com">www.redrampant.com
Guy Stiebel asked me to post this:<br>
<br>
<strong>The draft was handed to the editor over two years ago. I do hope that by<br>
next year it will be published (circa summer 2004) - but one might say that<br>
I'm an optimist. It will be part of the Final Reports Series of the Masada<br>
Excavation Reports, The Yigael Yadin Excavations, 1963-1965 (Vol. VII). Once published it might be acquired through the: Israel Exploration Society - see www.hum.huji.ac.il/ies/<br>
<br>
If interested in militaria from Judaea, one might be directed to the article<br>
concerning the material from Herodium.</strong><br>
<br>
The Herodium article to which Guy refers is:<br>
<br>
G.D. Stiebel 2003: 'The militaria from Herodium' in G.C. Bottini, L. Di Segni, & L.D. Chrupcala (eds.), <em>One Land - Many Cultures. Archaeological Studies in Honour of S. Loffreda</em>, Studium Biblicum Franciscanum Collectio Maior <strong>41</strong>, Jerusalem, 215-44<br>
<br>
Mike Bishop <p></p><i></i>
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  20th Roman Military Equipment Conference (ROMEC XX) in Cologne Eleatic Guest 0 959 06-22-2019, 10:05 AM
Last Post: Eleatic Guest
  Journal of Roman Military Equipment Studies vol 11 Thomas Aagaard 4 3,751 05-09-2017, 08:27 AM
Last Post: Julian Parthicus
  Catalogue of Military Equipment from Pompeji jho 1 1,981 07-14-2015, 11:15 AM
Last Post: jvrjenivs