Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RAT errors? Let me know!
Hi all,
I am very much aware that the transfer to the new system hasn't been as smooth as I'd have liked. I'm trying to iron out any errors as much as possible (we're not going to attain 100% error-free) and have, for instance, just hit upon an idea to at least convert old internal links to the new system. I'll try to implement that today.
But it'd be very useful to me if you let me know what errors you run into. So, if you get the dreaded error page or something just doesn't work as you think it should, post it HERE (in other words, please don't complain in some random thread hoping I'll note it there...).
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Jasper.

I just tried to post something and it just disappeared. I hesitate to re-post for fear of a double posting.

Thank you for all you do to maintain and modernize RAT.
"Fugit irreparabile tempus" (Irrecoverable time glides away) Virgil

Ron Andrea
Hi Ron
Can you be slightly more descriptive?

Jasper
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Hi Jasper,

I am finding that my posts are sometimes double posting and I can't seem to delete the extra post - can you help?

Cheers

Claire
Claire Marshall

General Layabout

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.plateau-imprints.co.uk">www.plateau-imprints.co.uk
No graphics visible (i.e. emoticons, reply button, favorite button, etc.) -- all are blank!
posted by Duncan B Campbell
https://ninth-legion.blogspot.com/
I typed a one line reply to the Sarmatian Cavalry thread, but it did not post. A subsequent reply to the "Abandonment" of Britain thread did post.

No clue what happened.

I notice a lot of labels have disappeared.

Ron Andrea
Labels and smilies should be back now.
It feels as if RAT is faster now without the SEO component, so perhaps double postings - usually due to double-clicking the submit button - can be a thing of the past?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Hi,

I really don't know if this is a problem, more a question. The spell check is still available or is hidden under some button that I didn't properly check?

Thanks in advance
Regards,

Miha Franca
"Balnea, vina, Venus corrumpunt corpora nostra; sed vitam faciunt balnea, vina, Venus."
Tiberius Claudius Secundus
www.vespesjan.eu
We seem to no longer have a search bar, or am I not looking in the right place?

Quote:Hi,

I really don't know if this is a problem, more a question. The spell check is still available or is hidden under some button that I didn't properly check?

Thanks in advance

I don't remember us ever having spell check, would be nice though. Smile

Edit: Never mind, I just found the search link at the top of the page. :oops:

"The men who once dwelled beneath the crags of Mt Helicon, the broad land of Thespiae now boasts of their courage"
Philiades

"So now I meet my doom. Let me at least sell my life dearly and have a not inglorius end, after some feat of arms that shall come to the ears of generations still unborn"
Hektor, the Iliad
Dithyrambus,
The Spell Check has been gone for years. As most modern browsers have them built in (or have add-ons for them), forum engine designers don't make them anymore. Sorry.

Jasper
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Thanks. Love your new avatar BTW. Cool

Ron Andrea
Hm, I'm sure it is only temporary, but the search and new posts tabs are missing.

"The men who once dwelled beneath the crags of Mt Helicon, the broad land of Thespiae now boasts of their courage"
Philiades

"So now I meet my doom. Let me at least sell my life dearly and have a not inglorius end, after some feat of arms that shall come to the ears of generations still unborn"
Hektor, the Iliad
Quote:Hm, I'm sure it is only temporary, but the search and new posts tabs are missing.

Well, they aren't here.
ALA I BATAVORUM
They are there for me. You do see all the other ones (Recent Topics, No Replies, My Topics, Profile, Rules and Help)?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Quote:They are there for me. You do see all the other ones (Recent Topics, No Replies, My Topics, Profile, Rules and Help)?

None of those are visible for me.

Philiades

Hektor, the Iliad