Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RAT errors? Let me know!
None? I can see them even if I'm not logged in. Can you try cleaning your browser cache (just the files, not cookies or anything)
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Yes, I tried clearing cache and went as far as to reboot my computer, returned to the forum and still no change, I have Forum, Community, Messages and Articles at the top of the screen. Everything else is missing.

"The men who once dwelled beneath the crags of Mt Helicon, the broad land of Thespiae now boasts of their courage"
Philiades

"So now I meet my doom. Let me at least sell my life dearly and have a not inglorius end, after some feat of arms that shall come to the ears of generations still unborn"
Hektor, the Iliad
Can you send me a screenshot?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Quote:Can you send me a screenshot?

Not sure how to do that, I was moving my mouse pointer over the top of the screen and noticed the Index, Recent Topics, My Topics etc etc will appear when the mouse pointer is over them, but dissappear when I move it. So they are in fact there, just takes placing the pointer over them to become visible.

"The men who once dwelled beneath the crags of Mt Helicon, the broad land of Thespiae now boasts of their courage"
Philiades

"So now I meet my doom. Let me at least sell my life dearly and have a not inglorius end, after some feat of arms that shall come to the ears of generations still unborn"
Hektor, the Iliad
Aaaah, well that narrows it down. Pfew, not a weird permissions problem then, just a templating (or contrast) matter.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Quote:Aaaah, well that narrows it down. Pfew, not a weird permissions problem then, just a templating (or contrast) matter.

Well, I just left for a moment and when I returned those links are visible, but a very light grayscale, the tabs turn red with the mouse pointer placed over them. Good enough for me! Confusedmile:

Philiades

Hektor, the Iliad
Better?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Quote:Better?

Still a bit light, but certainly visible.

Thanks!

Philiades

Hektor, the Iliad
Better yet now, I bet! Big Grin
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
I never habitually stay logged in to anything (it's a security thing...) and I noticed that, from a couple of days ago, the Recent Topics screen has died unless you are logged in. As you will see from the screenshot,* there is a list of users online and a mad serious of totals saying there are no users online (!) and there are no topics listed. Log in and it works as expected. That might be permissions, I'm guessing ;-)

* Using Firefox 4 under Ubuntu 10.04, but that shouldn't make any difference

Mike Bishop

[attachment=868]screenshot.jpg[/attachment]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
Hi Mike
Oh, I know the 'users online' thing is broken. Not something I worry about really. But the Recent Topics thing is odd to say the least. I just tried it in another browser and on my iPhone and there only this thread is shown. This may be due to me browsing from the Index page to the Recent topics. Being a 'guest' may then fool the system into believing I've just checked those threads.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
A couple of problems.
1. Loading/refreshing pages seems to take a very, VERY long time. Is this something that we just have to live with now?

2. Trying to access my profile yesterday and, once the page had loaded, everything froze. After a minute, I got a little IE box that said that one of the scripts on the page was making everything run very sloooooowly and did I want to close the script. Same thing happened today.
Clicking yes or no makes no obvious difference, the only solution is to close the page.

Anyone else suffering from this?
"Medicus" Matt Bunker

[size=150:1m4mc8o1]WURSTWASSER![/size]
Hi Matt
1: that probably depends on server busy-ness. If lots of people are trying to get to pages anywhere on this SERVER, it's going to be slower. I'd love to solve this, but then we have to move RAT to at least a VPS. I'd love to do so, but that'd cost in the region of 700-1000 USD per year...

2: there's a bugfix update for our community component that I haven't had a chance to install yet. Hopefully that'll fix this problem. And seconded, I'd like to hear from other members who suffer from such problems.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Weird things continue to happen on this site!!!

This evening I managed to login without any problem, but after a while I found going from page to page I was being prompted by a little dialogue box which kept popping up with the title "cPanel" asking for authentication ... odd because it already had my name and password already entered ... just strange!!! :? :-?
[size=75:2kpklzm3]Ghostmojo / Howard Johnston[/size]

[Image: A-TTLGAvatar-1-1.jpg]

[size=75:2kpklzm3]Xerxes - "What did the guy in the pass say?" ... Scout - "Μολὼν λαβέ my Lord - and he meant it!!!"[/size]
No you didn't. Nothing to see there. Move along...
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys