Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free book on Hadrian\'s Wall
I could have sworn I had posted about this book (Hadrian's Wall: Archaeological Research by English Heritage 1976-2000) when it first came out, but I can't find any such posting using the search engine (not that that means much). However, a recentish development is that English Heritage have now made it available for download as a series of PDFs.

If mural matters ding your bell, then enjoy it whilst you may.

Mike Bishop
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
You mentioned a publication by Durham University (Annual Summary) but not this one.

Thanks for the link!
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Thank You - I will certainly be downloading!
Francis Hagan

The Barcarii
Quote:Thank You - I will certainly be downloading!

Well, if you liked that, you'll like this! Both volumes of the recent Housesteads report, which will cost you £100 as a dead-tree version, are also available as a free download. The second volume includes the finds reports (the small finds start on p.432).

Mike Bishop
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Future Learn - Hadrian\'s Wall tigger 3 2,206 05-21-2015, 01:55 AM
Last Post: Charlie
  Everyday Life of a Soldier on Hadrian\'s Wall Quintus Aurelius Lepidus 0 1,317 04-10-2015, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Quintus Aurelius Lepidus
  Free book on Roman military equipment, anyone? mcbishop 8 3,007 12-12-2013, 09:05 PM
Last Post: Flavivs Aetivs