Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Troy, Alexander, Thermopylae, Hannibal, Kleopatra!
From the pipeline:<br>
<br>
[url=http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cms.dll/html/uncomp/articleshow?artid=298040" target="top]Hollywood pics epics:[/url]First past the reel post will be Troy , which is based on Homer’s epic Iliad and stars Brad Pitt as Achilles, Orlando Bloom as Paris and Eric Bana as Hector. Then, Alexander the Great has drawn the attention of two heavyweight directors. While Oliver Stone will direct Colin Farrell in Alexander the Great, Baz Luhrmann has chosen Leonardo DiCaprio to play the emperor.<br>
<br>
Among other epics in the pipeline, George Clooney might lead the Spartans in battle in a movie based on the Battle of Thermopylae; and Vin Diesel is set to play Hannibal in a film by Ridley Scott. However, the biggest epic of them all might just be Kleopatra, which is based on a two-part novel by Karen Essex.<br>
<br>
Valete,<br>
Valerius/Robert<br>
<p></p><i></i>
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
vin diesel in Hannibal?????<br>
<br>
<br>
<p>Volo anaticulam cumminosam meam!</p><i></i>
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Glad to see the epics are coming back. I was thinking just the other day that they didn't make them like Ben Hur or Cleopatra any longer. I hope they go the whole way with these.<br>
<br>
Can't wait for Troy.<br>
<br>
Conn <p></p><i></i>

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Battleground - Alexander The Great - Troy Iloski Arthes 0 1,207 04-01-2007, 11:34 AM
Last Post: Arthes