Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sword fight in NYC
Here is the link: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_temple_mel...-container

THis is our big chance guys!. All the Roman reenactors in the world can go to NYC and teach them how to do the Testudo and throw pilums and all. All the different groups from everywhere can converge on NYC and battle it out. We can have a RAT conference during lulls in the battle. Experimental archaeology at its best.

Ralph
A bunch of pissed-off Sikhs with cricket bats would destroy you all. It'd be another Cannae. :lol:

But where do they get cricket bats in New York!?
Hello, my name is Harry.
It sounds like a challenge. We will have to take it on... Assemble our Cohorts. Problem is, what period do we all do? Should I do my Republicanm Triarius armor or my Trajanic Adamklissi impression. We shall also need all the artillery we can find. Stone and bolt ammunition also. This will be a great RAT conference.

Ralph
Reading the article, it sounds like both sides in the brawl were Sikhs. If the "small swords" were kirpan, they could have been very short- the ones most Sikhs carry are basically knives. There have been debates in BC about whether to let Sikh boys wear their kirpans to high school: on one hand a small knife tied into its sheath isn't a great danger, on the other hand its not fair to make special exceptions for religion.
Nullis in verba

I have not checked this forum frequently since 2013, but I hope that these old posts have some value. I now have a blog on books, swords, and the curious things humans do with them.
This is the US. Everybody gets exceptions for anything and everything, unless you are a legitimate law abiding citizen. Then they are out to get you.

That is why we can have real battle/RAT conference and be the absolute first in expierimental archaeology. If the cops come just say something in latin indicating you dont understand. Then have a suit with a briefcase show up saying he is an immigration rights/religious freedoms lawyer. THe cops will go away, we do some proper rituals, read some entrails(to make it legitimate) and the siege will begin.

I think sending in light Auxillia Cohorts to skirmish first. Find out the weak spots. Then send in the main body of the Legions, with as much cavalry as can be found on one flank, and the Auxilia re-formed on the other. Then bring in the battering rams.

Who wants to be Legate? Pleanty of Centurions to go around. What about a two day siege, followed by a critical analysis RAT conference and then re-do the who thing with changes we learned from the fisrt two day siege.

THe Civil War guys will have a fit! Once again Rome will prove it's self to be Master of War... or something suitable. Think of the T-shirt sales!

I just hope this will not drive the price of decent segmentatas up, and we don't run short of pilums.

Ralph
...but whose entrails shall we read? Getting them is easy enough, but selecting the proper source is very important, don't you think?
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Your right! That is why it will be YOUR job!

Ralph

P.S. The omens will be good, I'm sure you got that, right?
I'll appoint a Congressional Committee, as soon as I can get them to vote funding for the project, then I'll bring you the report. Problem is, they'll have trouble settling on just one, so be prepared for "a whole lotta cuttin' and guttin' goin' on!"

:roll: :lol:
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
How can this be? This is a Roman thing! We simply revolt over pay issues and follow whoever pays us the most. No red tape. We wipe the blood from our gladii on the togas of those who opposed us. (refer to the year of the four emperiors as a manual of sorts.)

What ARE you thinking about! This is a Roman forum. We have to do things the Roman way...

Ralph