Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems Posting in Forum
Quote:Okay, adding or editing a signature is a bit more complicated (seemingly) that it used to be, first click on your avatar (or username), you will then be at your home page, there are several tabs, place your mouse cursor over the tab marked 'Forum' (not 'Profile', under 'Profile' there is an 'edit profile' link, but it will not take you to your signature) several options will drop down, click on 'Edit Profile', then click on 'Profile Information', then look to the bottom of the screen you will find a text block to enter your signature, simply enter your name and other info you may wish to include (some of us have favorite poetic lines etc.)

Hope that helps. Smile

Hi Jasper,

This method for accessing the create/edit of a users signature is no longer working. :-?

"The men who once dwelled beneath the crags of Mt Helicon, the broad land of Thespiae now boasts of their courage"
Philiades

"So now I meet my doom. Let me at least sell my life dearly and have a not inglorius end, after some feat of arms that shall come to the ears of generations still unborn"
Hektor, the Iliad
I've found myself unable to post in the "Show here your Roman soldier impression" thread. The preview works just fine but the submit button behaves strangely. I've even tried a different browser and it didn't help.

Anyone could offer some help or advice?
---
Martin Žďánský,
a.k.a. Appius Solanius Pertinax
This has periodically happened to me over the last few months. I have not found a solution, other than to wait for the problem to go away!

This time, I couldn't reply to the "Praetorians on the battlefield" thread, so I tried clearing my browser's cache, and now I'll have another go ...
posted by Duncan B Campbell
https://ninth-legion.blogspot.com/
I think in high-tech computer geek jargon, it's "just one of those things."
:wink:

Could it have anything to do with the fact that the thread is utterly gigantic? If so, we should be able to remedy that by locking this thread and starting "Show here your Roman impression 2" or something.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Well, I must have tried about a dozen times and still no success.

I guess I'll have to wait and see whether someone else manages to post to that thread (meaning the problem is likely on my side) or whether the thread freezes as it is (and somebody else will have to solve the problem).
---
Martin Žďánský,
There's a lot of issues with parts of the Forum software, so until the forum is updated (which will take a long time) there will be posting issues.
Various posting problems should now be resolved, unless you're using an outdated browser.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Congrats, it looks OK Smile
[Image: inaciem-bandeau.png]
I don't like the pink. Light blue (like the member name color) would be better
And how is this a posting problem?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Quote:Various posting problems should now be resolved, unless you're using an outdated browser.

Good work Jasper (and Arran, I suppose) - there were a couple of glitches, but updating my browser (Firefox) seems to have fixed them!

Thanks - Nathan
Nathan Ross
I'm having *strange* problem with that topic again.

I can post, I'm even listed in Recent topics as having posted, but no post is visible. Not even after logging off and restarting the browser.
And I'm afraid I've submitted my reply multiple times, so if it becomes visible I'll have to delete some of the posts.
---
Martin Žďánský,
What threads are you having the trouble with? One or more mods can look at them and see what it looks like from someone else's computer. Just copy the URL and post it as a reply. (But to fool the spam filter, you'll probably have to start a thread, then post the links one at a time.)

We do want to help isolate the problem and hopefully provide a solution.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
The only thread I'm having problems with is the Show here your Roman soldier impression one.

And I guess it might not be just a problem with posting, or maybe I'm having these problems because of some caching weirdness. Because right now recent postings show *you* as having posted in that topic and I'm not seeing your post either.
---
Martin Žďánský,
Update - I've even tried to log in from a diffent computer with a different OS, we've tried to log in using my SO's account and both Demetrius's and my own recent posts in Show here... thread remain invisible - but his post post remains listed as a recent one, with time since he's posted hapilly ticking away.

So what should I do to help the mods find out what is going on?
---
Martin Žďánský,