Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modern people with Roman names
Quote:And of course there is James Tiberius Kirk!!

You beat me to it, I met a woman named Octavia (last name I ever expected to run into) and I had a guy named "Pericles" in one of my classes, he was Greek though
Quintus Furius Collatinus

-Matt
Quote:
Vindex post=271079 Wrote:And of course there is James Tiberius Kirk!!

You beat me to it ...

Are there any other Trekkers/Trekkies on here? :-D
[size=75:2kpklzm3]Ghostmojo / Howard Johnston[/size]

[Image: A-TTLGAvatar-1-1.jpg]

[size=75:2kpklzm3]Xerxes - "What did the guy in the pass say?" ... Scout - "Μολὼν λαβέ my Lord - and he meant it!!!"[/size]
Hi all
I'm new here and this is my first post after the presentation. I want to show all Greco-Roman names I remember at this time. Are normal names in Spain. Catholic culture has become the oldest names in common names for us. Many people are unaware that their names come from Latin or Greek. The Spanish and Latin are difficult to separate, they are practically the same. We are very Roman. These names must be added all the old names of Germanic origin, biblical, oriental like Darío and the pre-Roman of Basque origin.

Julio/a, Julian/a, Valerio/a, Valeriano/a, Antonino/a, Antonio/a, Piedad, Marc/o/os, Jorge, Jordi, Celedonio/a, Virgilio, Ignacio, Eustaquio/a, Aníbal, Asdrubal, Martín, Nicolás, Augusto, Agustín/o/a, Tiberio, Octavio/a, Abril, Quinto, Eusebio/a, Herminio/ia, Anastasio/a, Cayo, Cornelio/a, Luciano, Eugenio/a, Justino/a, Eulogio/a, Pancracio/a, Teodoro/a, Alejandro/a, Severo/a, Donato, Constantino, Valentin/o/na, Justiniano, Rosa, Carmen, Felix, Elisa/eo, Belisario, Constanzia/a/o, Franco, Marciano/a, Tertuliano/a, Prisciliano/a, Orosio/a, Adrián/o/a, Lucía, Victor/ia, Victorino/a, Sergi/o, Paula Paulina/o ,Pablo, Olivia, Sofía, Cecilia/o, Leo, Leonidas, Caridad, Camilo/a, Claudio/a, Cándido/a, Demetrio/a, Diana, Aureliano/a, Aurelio/a, Honorato/a, Hipólito/a, Pedro, Damián/o, Prosper/o, Cesar, Severiano, Eleuterio, Vicente/a, Marcial, Endelecio, Evaristo, Isidoro, Isidro, Fidel, Fructuoso/a, Máximo/a, Venancio/a, Catalina, Helena, Eustaquio, Honorato, Desiderio, Claudio/a, Celestino/a, Baudilio, Secundino, Araceli, Gregorio, Benigno, Bonifacio, Heliodoro, Feliciano/a, Gervasio, Vidal, Domingo, Viriato, Benito, Modesto, Priscila, Cosme, Saturno/ino, Lorenzo, Verónica, Jerónimo, Mario,.......................

There are a lot more ....

animula, vagula, blandula

Ascarii Seniores - Propugnatores Barcinonenses
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Propugnato...6860023878
A friend of mine is named Marc Antony (first and middle names), though his last name is not related to classical antiquity.
John Baker

Justice is the constant and perpetual wish to render to every one his due.
- Institutes, bk. I, ch. I, para. I
There was a famous film choreographer of Hollywood's golden age named Hermes Pan, though I suspect the name was made up.