Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody familiar with this gladius from Armillum?
This is my first post on the forums and I was wondering if anybody has seen this Hispaniensis on Armillum's website?
http://www.armillum.com/product.php?id_product=282
I like the general look of it but many of you will know more about the historical accuracy of the sword than me. I'm not a reenactor but I am studying ancient history and have a keen interest in Roman history, so I am looking for a sword that is true to the originals in size/weight and not something that would fall apart easily. Any help you could give me would be great.
David Webb
Well, it is nicely made and a good sword for accurate look. However the blade is made in India and the one I've handled, handles fine, but balance isn't where it should be.

But yeah, if you would like to have a gladius hispaniensis in that price range, it's probably one of the best available.
ALA I BATAVORUM
That's great thanks for the info. Is Armillum a good place to deal with, they seem to have lots of equipment with good prices, though I can't find any testimonials from people who have bought items from them.
David Webb
I've bought equipment from them many times. Sometimes they are bit slow, especially when you order something 'custom made'. But they are nice people and you get perfect items in the end. I would recommend them, anyway.
ALA I BATAVORUM