Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ulisse
Last week-end I was in Italy and I chanced to see a TV programm on Saturday night at RAI 3, one of a series called Ulisse. The programm was on the Roman army, much 'cut and paste' from other programs and film shots but there were some scenes from a re-enactment group, maybe Italian. Does anybody know who they were?<br>
Thanks,<br>
<br>
Aitor <p></p><i></i>
It\'s all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever.

Rolf Steiner
Salve Aitor!<br>
Yes, it was our group, the Legio XXX Ulpia Victrix.<br>
www.legioXXX.it<br>
www.legioxxxulpiatraianavictrix.it/<br>
It was our debut, by now two years ago!<br>
We've learned a lot of things from them on, but it was a really exciting experience.<br>
I hope to meet you in Italy, possibly at the next event (Ostia or other one), with your group of course!<br>
Vale. <p>... Abi, nuntia - inquit - Romanis, caelestes ita velle ut mea Roma caput orbis terrarum sit; proinde rem militarem colant sciantque et ita posteris tradant nullas opes humanas armis Romanis resistere posse...<br>
<br>
...Go - said - announce to Romans that Gods want Rome be the capital of the world; so let them cultivate the military arts and let them know, and hand down to posterity, that no human power will resist to the arms of the Romans... (Livy, Ab Urbe Condita, I,16)<br>
</p><i></i>
Flavius
aka Giuseppe Cascarino
Decima Legio
Roma, Italy
Many thanks, Flavius !<br>
<br>
You looked fairly well for a debut! Two years ago? was the programm even more 'cut and paste' than I'd previously thought or was that not the first time they passed it?<br>
My group didn't exist two years ago!<br>
We'd like to attend to the Ostia (or wherever it will be) meeting next year. Unfortunately, I must remain here. I'm afraid that it was my last travel to Italy or elsewhere for some years!<br>
<br>
Aitor <p></p><i></i>
It\'s all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever.

Rolf Steiner