Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guardian Photoset
The Guardian was carrying this photo set today, recognise anyone?

http://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/...n-pictures
Most of them, because I was.... :whistle:

more here and here
Regards,

Miha Franca
"Balnea, vina, Venus corrumpunt corpora nostra; sed vitam faciunt balnea, vina, Venus."
Tiberius Claudius Secundus
www.vespesjan.eu
Quote:The Guardian was carrying this photo set today, recognise anyone?
Well, I can go one better and show you the photographers ('there are photographers in the arena!' squawked one EH Events bod's radio).

Fun event (even allowing for the occasional wristband, legwrap, Gladiator-style bandana, and canvas tents). All 80 legionaries marching around the arena was a nice touch. Key to the whole thing will be whether the footfall makes English Heritage some money.

Mike Bishop

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
I was invited late spring by the Legio I Italica to join them with my artillery pieces and to overlook theirs and help with the language. Responded: "count me in".
The Legio Italica was the main group, then they invited a few more people and groups to fill their numbers: Teuta Brig, Teuta Taurini, Teuta Lingones, KD Vespesjan, Legio I Taurus,.. i hope I didn't forget about someone.

Most of them were north Italians, with 4 Slovenians, 1 American, 1 Austrian, 1 French(I believe) and a few UK guys.

About their and also my equipment, yeah it still need some more fixing.
Most of the guys don't use English written forums, because they just don't speak,....and that's a shame, because some of them could quickly improve their knowledge and equipment and share some of it with us...

My fault also, for the first time I did put linen wraps from my wrist to my elbow :oops: , because on Hausesteads fort the wind was killing me(Any advise how to warm yourself up or to protect yourself from cold will and look historically correct will be appreciated).
Stepping on the bus with a scorching sun and 33°C and steeping out on 7°C with wind and moisture, my body could add adapt in just 2 days. And we have orders from the shipping company to bring the minimum necessary, because of little space on the bus. All other things were shipped one week prior by a truck(logistacal nightmare)

mcbishop wrote:
Key to the whole thing will be whether the footfall makes English Heritage some money.
We had to pay for our bus tickets, so I hope they manage.

mcbishop I think I did spot you in the crowd, but I was in process of loadind/unloadnig stuff for moving to Hausesteads and I regret the opportunity to say hello Sad

We also had some mechanical problems and our journey back to Italy took 50 hours(had to switch 3 buses). Sick
Altogether was a fun experience, hope we could do it again sometimes with improved local logistic and better transportation and of course with other UK groups.
Regards,

Miha Franca
"Balnea, vina, Venus corrumpunt corpora nostra; sed vitam faciunt balnea, vina, Venus."
Tiberius Claudius Secundus
www.vespesjan.eu
Quote:(Any advise how to warm yourself up or to protect yourself from cold will and look historically correct will be appreciated).
Long sleeves!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
(Any advise how to warm yourself up or to protect yourself from cold will and look historically correct will be appreciated).
Long sleeves!

Oh,.... that is so fourth century! :wink: :whistle:

Try a paenula cloak!

Graham.
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe.

"Every brush-stroke is torn from my body" The Rebel, Tony Hancock.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.