Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guido Cervo novels 275 AD
Hi guys,<br>
in Italy there is a novelist that has already put out two books that take place in 275 AD on Rhine frontier.<br>
Has any Italian RAT member read them?<br>
I enjoyed the first one (The Roman Legate) and just started the second one (The Invincible Legion).<br>
The atmosphere is very interesting and I say the author does a good job in describing that period of great confusion and the inevitable break down of the previous system. What was to emerge was an empire that would last more than another century but things were not like they were before. <p></p><i></i>
Jeffery Wyss
"Si vos es non secui of solutio tunc vos es secui of preciptate."
Hi Goffredo,<br>
try this one (in italian):<br>
<br>
www.signainferre.it/modul...tent&id=14<br>
<br>
You should try also the Signa Inferre Forum (in italian), if you still don't know it:<br>
www.signainferre.it/index.php<br>
<br>
Vale. <p>... Abi, nuntia - inquit - Romanis, caelestes ita velle ut mea Roma caput orbis terrarum sit; proinde rem militarem colant sciantque et ita posteris tradant nullas opes humanas armis Romanis resistere posse...<br>
<br>
...Go - said - announce to Romans that Gods want Rome be the capital of the world; so let them cultivate the military arts and let them know, and hand down to posterity, that no human power will resist to the arms of the Romans... (Livy, Ab Urbe Condita, I,16)<br>
</p><i></i>
Flavius
aka Giuseppe Cascarino
Decima Legio
Roma, Italy

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  L\'Aquila sul Nilo (The Eagle over the Nile) di Guido Cervo Mitra 2 1,625 03-01-2008, 04:03 PM
Last Post: Mitra
  New Guido Cervo book: The Adrianople\'s Walls Mitra 1 943 11-07-2006, 07:17 AM
Last Post: Goffredo