Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Off-topic threads appearing in rules & announce.
I’ve noticed many off-topic new threads appearing in the “rules and announcements” forum. Playing around, I discovered that if one hits the uppermost “new topic” tab, the default forum for the new thread is always “rules and announcements,” regardless of which fora one is in when the tab is clicked.

However, if one clicks the bottom “new topic” tab (under the “Welcome, so-and-so” box) the default forum is whichever one is in when the tab is clicked.

If one doesn’t check the “category” closely it could be quite easy to put a new thread in “rules and announcements” by accident.
David J. Cord
www.davidcord.com
well, I think that is because the upper most menu is a 'global' menu, whereas the other buttons are all for 'local' navigation. Although I think it would be easier for most users if that menu-item indeed would become 'local'
ALA I BATAVORUM
That would indeed be easier, but it's not something I can fix at the moment.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
It's a simple as crossing the street: it helps to pay attention whatever you do. :wink:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Right now there appears to be six different threads that have appeared in the “rules and announcements” forum:

Training Gladius
Ludis Training Equipment
Legio II beyond the realms of Exeter
Nato Target: Leptis Magna
Facial Hair
Lanciarii

I have no idea if this is possible or not, but can the default forum be changed in the “global” menu? Maybe to act like the default forum in the "local" menu?

Edit: :oops: Sorry! I see Jasper already answered this question but I somehow missed it. My apologies.
David J. Cord
www.davidcord.com
As I've said before, I'll repeat: look where you post, don't be so hasty.
For that goes as well, because I usually check what's new in the 'recent topics' thread, not in the index where I used to do that.

Quote:Right now there appears to be six different threads that have appeared in the “rules and announcements” forum
You missed the 'toothbrush' question. Wink
All moved now.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)