Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PM thingie
I don't know if I am doing something stupid, but my PM system does not work. When I get a PM, no matter from whom, and try to open it, I get the first PM I ever recieved. I cannot open aany of my PMs. Does this happen to anyone else?

Ralph
When I open some of my PMs, they are blank. I only know what the message was by referring to the e-mail alert that the system sends out. (Some other PMs are fine.) Is this what happens to you?
posted by Duncan B Campbell
https://ninth-legion.blogspot.com/
I can see the things no problem, but it would be good if when you log into the site you were alerted to having any new PMs.
[size=75:2kpklzm3]Ghostmojo / Howard Johnston[/size]

[Image: A-TTLGAvatar-1-1.jpg]

[size=75:2kpklzm3]Xerxes - "What did the guy in the pass say?" ... Scout - "Μολὼν λαβέ my Lord - and he meant it!!!"[/size]
If you click on the "community" tab and you have a new PM a little icon will show up to warn you. If I remember correctly, someone said that the messaging system is tied to the "community" and not the "forum."
David J. Cord
www.davidcord.com
Previous message just got wiped out by another site appearing for no reason.

Thanks Epictetus, but I cannot log onto the community no matter what I do. All I get when I opem a PM no matter who it is from, I get the first e-mail I ever got since the change over. #&^&^%%$#!

Maybe someone with the same problem will find a solution and tell how to work this out. Lucky for me most people hate me and I get few PMs.

If, for any reason somebody need to send me something, send it by facebook, under Gaius Decius Aquilius.

Thanks,
Ralph
Hi Ralph,

Although I've had one or two blank PM's, I can't say I've exprienced anything like you. I also receive my PM's by email, so I've never missed one (I hope). Have you asked Jasper about this yet?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Hello,

I guess I'm having the same / similar problem as some of the people here. I can see I have a new PM, but when I try to open it, all I get is a blank rectangle on the screen where (I guess) the message should be.
Radka Hlavacova A.K.A Titvs Iventivs Martivs
Tesserarivs Legio IIII FF
Castra Romana, Czech republic
"Concordia militvm"
Hmmm...perhaps this is why Jasper hasn't replied to the PM I sent him asking for assistance with something else!
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Quote:Hello,
I guess I'm having the same / similar problem as some of the people here. I can see I have a new PM, but when I try to open it, all I get is a blank rectangle on the screen where (I guess) the message should be.
Hi Radka,
If you open the list with PM's in your community page (click the link in the top right corner to 'Private messages', are these 'missing/blank' PM's shown in that list at all?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
I believe this problem has been fixed with the recent update. It occurred in PMs to me as well, but I can read those particular messages aok now.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine