Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheap website (us) to order gladiator gear from
Im reely into this gladiator stuff and wanted to start getting involved but dont know were to start if any one can help me much appriciated
I think soul of the warrior is the best place for inexpensive gladiator kit in the US. Rusty is also on RAT and a good person to deal with. Big Grin

But, if you want either historical quality and/or combat ready equipment, I wouldn't suggest any of the Deepeeka gladiator range. Only the galerus would be of any value, to my opinion. Better go for the Ancient Empire reproductions range (AER), which you can get via fellow RAT member Christian Koepfer (see Marketplace subforum). Their products are way closer to the originals and properly made.
Of course going for custom work would be even better, but would also increase the costs of the items.

Hope this is of any help.
ALA I BATAVORUM
thank you so much
and what of training and making weapons and other stuff like that anything i should reely know
Quote:and what of training and making weapons and other stuff like that anything i should reely know

just search in the 'ancient combat sports' subforum. There are some topics about how other groups train. I think that you can make shields your self, and if you know about woodworking, maybe a wooden training sword. But you should really only make weaponry yourself if either you really know what you're doing (which you don't as per your question) or they are for display purposes only. If not properly made weaponry is even more dangerous both for your opponent as well as for yourself!

Maybe you can see for some local SCA or sword-fighting school in your area to see if they can teach you the basics of sword fighting. Next you buy some books, like Susanne Shadrake 'The world of the gladiator' and Junkelmann - Das spiel mit dem Tod, to get yourself known with the weaponry, pairing and social aspects of the Gladiators in ancient times.

Good luck!
ALA I BATAVORUM
Big Grin you probably are the most helpfull person thanxs so much my friend and me used to carve swords and make sheilds and i recently am working on a paper mache gladiator helmet just for show but were gnna start up a ludi soon..

THANKSSSSS