Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sieg und Triumpf
<em>Sieg und Triumpf - der Norden im Schatten des römischen Reiches</em><br>
<br>
ISBN 87-7602-008-8<br>
<br>
Another picture book for non-German readers ;-) with some truly droolworthy photos of bog finds and comparable material from within the empire, this is an exhibition catalogue produced by the Nationalmuseet København. If you read German, there are some good articles to be had within too. This was reserved for me at Oxbow by the good Dr Coulston (an unusual step indicating that he felt I <em>had</em> to have it) and worth every penny of the £19.99 I paid for it.<br>
<br>
Mike Bishop <p></p><i></i>
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
Just as a teaser, is there a website with sample photos/diagrams?<br>
<br>
Depressingly, David Brown will likely never get this one. They still don't have Segmentata #2. <p>Legio XX<br>
Fortius Conamur<br>
<br>
</p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=richsc@romanarmytalk>RichSC</A> at: 8/24/03 4:53 am<br></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
<em>Just as a teaser, is there a website with sample photos/diagrams?</em><br>
<br>
Not that I can find and the book itself does not mention one. The Danish National Museum's website is mainly in Danish so I may be missing something... but I doubt it.<br>
<br>
<em>Depressingly, David Brown will likely never get this one. They still don't have Segmentata #2.</em><br>
<br>
They ought to get it if you ask for it. As for LS2, the rowers on the galleys are obviously having a tough time crossing the Atlantic ;-)<br>
<br>

Being Danish, I just thought I'd confirm that there is nothing on the book at Nationalmuseets' site. Too bad! <p></p><i></i>
Hi Mike,<br>
<br>
has it got plenty of swords ?<br>
<br>
Conal <p></p><i></i>
<em>has it got plenty of swords ?</em><br>
<br>
Depends how you define plenty, I suppose ;-) I would have said 'enough', but that might just be my personal biases showing through. There are belts, swords, scabbards, spears, bow fittings, helmets etc etc. The bog stuff is contrasted with a good selection of Roman stuff from Nijmegen (and other places).<br>
<br>

Hi Mike,<br>
<br>
In your book you have a page showing drawings of a number of (bog ?) swords and i wondered if a similar amount are shown in the book.<br>
<br>
I am trying to collect as many images together covering lifetime of Roman swords from Hispaniesis to I prsume the latest which are the bog find ones ?<br>
<br>
ta<br>
<br>
Conal <p></p><i></i>
This exeptional catalogue is available in a danish, german<br>
and ENGLISH edition.<br>
<br>
I can check the english title, isbn and order address if<br>
you are interested<br>
<br>
Cheers<br>
Wagnijo <p></p><i></i>