Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ceasar on Italian TV
Hey Italian RATs.<br>
I bet we are all watching the first Ceasar episode tonight on TV. I am pessimistic but I will enjoy it anyhow. Hope you do too. I plan to eat infront of the TV like I did when I was single. That is if my dolce-meta' (sweety-pie) lets me!<br>
Ciao <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=goffredo>goffredo</A> at: 9/16/03 4:43 pm<br></i>
Jeffery Wyss
"Si vos es non secui of solutio tunc vos es secui of preciptate."
terrible?<br>
<br>
Soldiery, armor: terrible and when not bad, wrong style;<br>
Battle scenes in first episode: stupid (I laughed);<br>
Scenery: not bad; sure I could nitpick but lets pass;<br>
Acting: not bad, actually enjoyed few actors;<br>
Script (dialogoues): I am still vomiting;<br>
Faithfulness to History: zero.<br>
<br>
basically I didn't mind watching it but with their resources they should have did a far better job. Hence I flunk them miserably.<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>
Jeffery Wyss
"Si vos es non secui of solutio tunc vos es secui of preciptate."
Disgusting,<br>
I agree. I don't understand why it's so difficult to make just acceptable historical reconstructions!<br>
Leather pseudo-segmentatae, flags , plastic swords, people fighting slowly and carefully to not get hurt,....<br>
And the characters?<br>
A Caesar weak and insignificant, Sulla looks like a mad and bloodthirsty gangster, Vercingetorix a weak copy of...Asterix!<br>
And again, stupid and childish dialogues, and... the usual rethoric about slavery!<br>
A real flop, in my opinion. What a pity!<br>
Valete omnes. <p>Flavius<br>
Legio XXX Ulpia Traiana Victrix<br>
Roma</p><i></i>
Flavius
aka Giuseppe Cascarino
Decima Legio
Roma, Italy
My solution to that would be to get the RATers to come up with a movie, done by RATers for RATers. Come up with a script and supervise the historical aspects for it. But I think that's already been suggested. Anyway, that's my opinion. <p></p><i></i>
aka: Julio Peña
Quote:"audaces Fortuna iuvat"
- shouted by Turnus in Virgil\'s Aeneid in book X just before he is utterly destroyed by Aeneas\' Trojans.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  documentary Ceasar on Italian TV, faces of friends Goffredo 0 671 09-22-2003, 05:30 AM
Last Post: Goffredo