Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ezboard acting weird
hi y´all<br>
<br>
i notice that ezboard is sometimes acting a little bit weird. When i try to edit a post, sometimes a whole section is deleted for no reason and letters are inserted. Are we dealing with a poltergeist/ gremlins here or one of the admins?<br>
<br>
jeroen, "the BFG" <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=pelgr003>pelgr003</A> at: 8/7/03 9:49 am<br></i>
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
No idea. Never noticed stuff in posts disappearing on edits. Did you use any HTML or other coding in the post? That might be the cause. <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
not that i´m aware of. It happened again about 30 min ago with my recent reply on constantine-thread. When i wanted to edit my reply, about half of it suddenly was gone (all text).<br>
<br>
???<br>
<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Never happened to me (knock on wood0, only that when I'm typing a reply or summin' and I 'lose' the page or need to refresh it, all what I wrote is gone.<br>
<br>
Valete,<br>
Valerius/Robert <p></p><i></i>
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
I quit some time ago being surprised at what computer can invent to annoy humans..<br>
Thinking that nuclear missiles are run by computers sends a shiver down my spine every once in a while.<br>
Let's pray they don't run on Windows...<br>
"Due to an internal server error, this city (click for the list) will be deleted... <p></p><i></i>
funny, in yesterday´s newspaper here in NL, there was an article about that.<br>
<br>
Apparently, the US company SCO claims that parts of UNIX (SCO owns UNIX since 2001 when they bought the blueprints of it) have ended up in LINUX, without their permission (i.o.w. LINUX stole parts of UNIX).<br>
So SCO has sued IBM because IBM apparently was the source of these stolen UNIX parts (IBM has invested money in LINUX so they would benefit from a good linux).<br>
<br>
IF SCO wins this case, the price of LINUX would go up from about 15 euro (for Red hat) to about 1228 euro !!!<br>
<br>
also, if SCO wins, IBM must delete ALL UNIX-software which IBM has distributed among its clients, <span style="text-decoration:underline">this includes the US-army and the nuclear missiles!!</span><br>
<br>
SCO has already canceled the UNIX licence for IBM.<br>
<br>
to be continued.....<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

aha, see, see. In my reply above there was a letter included (the funny A in yesterday)<br>
<br>
see, see, told you i was right... <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=pelgr003>pelgr003</A> at: 8/8/03 8:55 am<br></i>
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

i noticed that the text sometimes is gone after you do a spell check. <p></p><i></i>
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

thats wy i neva bovva with spelcheks <p>Veni Vidi Bibi</p><i></i>

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roman military career - the EZboard way Robert Vermaat 24 4,849 05-04-2004, 08:12 PM
Last Post: Praefectusclassis